Advanced Adapters TCase linkage

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I don't have any experience with it but have thought about it. Just have other stuff to buy for the $200 price tag. I kept having issues with the plastic clips breaking so for now I just have a big zip tie on the shifter side and the factory clip still on the transfer case side. I carry several of the big zip ties with me and a couple of hose clamps I've used on the transfer case side.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's pricey and in a lot of ways, far from needed but, if you have extra money to spend, it's a really nice upgrade and works great. Certainly, you'll never have to worry about having your linkage break on the trail again.

It's pricey and in a lot of ways, far from needed but, if you have extra money to spend, it's a really nice upgrade and works great. Certainly, you'll never have to worry about having your linkage break on the trail again.

I have had non stop issues with mine. The plastic clip in the front of the handle is jacked up

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have had non stop issues with mine. The plastic clip in the front of the handle is jacked up

Yeah, it's a common problem especially being that it takes effort to shift into 4WD properly and if you hurry things along, will cause damage to the plastic bushings. Like I said, the AA kit works great and is really what should have come from the factory. If you have the money, it's a nice upgrade for sure.

Yeah, it's a common problem especially being that it takes effort to shift into 4WD properly and if you hurry things along, will cause damage to the plastic bushings. Like I said, the AA kit works great and is really what should have come from the factory. If you have the money, it's a nice upgrade for sure.

Would you happen to know how difficult the install is ?

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug

I was under the impression that that plastic clip thingie was there for a reason, and not a cost cutting thing...it was supposed to break when "something isn't right" and prevent damage of someone forcing the shift...is this not true?

I was under the impression that that plastic clip thingie was there for a reason, and not a cost cutting thing...it was supposed to break when "something isn't right" and prevent damage of someone forcing the shift...is this not true?

Mine broke when I was just doing regular smooth shifting, like I wasn't straining on it or like trying to force it in the least and it just gave and there was nothing but slack in the handle, temporary repair with some zip ties but they loosened on this last wheeling trip I went on, while I was trying to go from 4L to 4H and was stuck in neutral till I managed to manually shift it at the transfer case. It's broken so I might as well upgrade lo

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Mine broke when I was just doing regular smooth shifting, like I wasn't straining on it or like trying to force it in the least and it just gave and there was nothing but slack in the handle, temporary repair with some zip ties but they loosened on this last wheeling trip I went on, while I was trying to go from 4L to 4H and was stuck in neutral till I managed to manually shift it at the transfer case. It's broken so I might as well upgrade lo

I have 10 spares in the jeep at all times, and 10 more at home. A little insurance plus if I ever bump into someone on the trail that snapped theirs, I can help em out. Maybe over time that plastic dry rots and becomes brittle, but for a few bucks, seems like its something that someone can change annually to keep theirs in tip top shape.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Honestly, I wouldn't doubt it. In all the years and all the JK's I've owned, I've luckily never had one break on me (knock on wood) BUT, I have see way too many break during that time and always carry spares with me. Not too bad to fix when it breaks under the center console but sucks ass when it's at the T-case.

ttfhell

Honestly, I wouldn't doubt it. In all the years and all the JK's I've owned, I've luckily never had one break on me (knock on wood) BUT, I have see way too many break during that time and always carry spares with me. Not too bad to fix when it breaks under the center console but sucks ass when it's at the T-case.

Was that the Trail Jeeps break on JKX?

Sharkey

Word Ninja

Even more fun with aftermarket skids. Wasn't it the linkage that broke on Clarsen's rig about three switchbacks up on Elephant Hill a few years ago?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Fuck me, it took Dave and I hours to get around those shitty river raider skids to fix that...

:cheesy: Tell the whole story - you NEVER did get them fully off, just enough for use to get under them somewhat. Damn things were hotter then hell long after cutting the engine too!

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
:cheesy: Tell the whole story - you NEVER did get them fully off, just enough for use to get under them somewhat. Damn things were hotter then hell long after cutting the engine too!

No shit, for a good 4-5 hours after. I don't think we went to bed until about 1 or 2am.

DirtyJeeP

I have to agree aftermarket skids do suck. And since I have them installed I hate working on anything under my jeep, cause I hate having to take them off.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom