Full Float PR 60?

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
What kind of conditions warrants the cost of a full float PR60? What kind of conditions would be right for a Trail 60 and a PR 60 that is semi-float? Just trying to make the best decision possible before I buy. Thanks.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What kind of conditions warrants the cost of a full float PR60? What kind of conditions would be right for a Trail 60 and a PR 60 that is semi-float? Just trying to make the best decision possible before I buy. Thanks.

If you're just planning on running 37's, a Trail 60 will be all that you need. A semi-float ProRock 60 will give you beefier tubes and a profiled proprietary housing that offers more ground clearance (about the same as a factory Dana 44). Among other things, a full-float will give you greater strength being that the shafts will not have to carry the weight of your Jeep the way semi-float shafts do and will only be responsible for turning your wheels. If you plan on running 40's, a full-float 8-lug ProRock is what I'd get.

Heholua

If you're just planning on running 37's, a Trail 60 will be all that you need. A semi-float ProRock 60 will give you beefier tubes and a profiled proprietary housing that offers more ground clearance (about the same as a factory Dana 44). Among other things, a full-float will give you greater strength being that the shafts will not have to carry the weight of your Jeep the way semi-float shafts do and will only be responsible for turning your wheels. If you plan on running 40's, a full-float 8-lug ProRock is what I'd get.

Eddie....do think it's worth the money to upgrade the trail 60 to the ProRock housing?

Sent from my XT907 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie....do think it's worth the money to upgrade the trail 60 to the ProRock housing?

Sent from my XT907 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Are you asking because you are wanting to keep your axle factory width and still run a 5x5 bolt pattern? If not, I would just get a ProRock 60. If so, the housing will give you more ground clearance but, I don't know if it's be worth it just for that.

Heholua

Are you asking because you are wanting to keep your axle factory width and still run a 5x5 bolt pattern? If not, I would just get a ProRock 60. If so, the housing will give you more ground clearance but, I don't know if it's be worth it just for that.

I do want to keep the 5x5 pattern, but I will go 68.5" on the width to get rid of my wheel spacers. Just wondering if the $300 is worth it, for however much more clearance.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I do want to keep the 5x5 pattern, but I will go 68.5" on the width to get rid of my wheel spacers. Just wondering if the $300 is worth it, for however much more clearance.

I see you have a ProRock 44 up front. You do know that you will still need to keep the spacers installed up front, right? Without them, your width front to rear will be off. If you do know all that and are still wanting to go with a full width axle, I would just get a semi-float ProRock 60. I mean, that is essentially what you would be doing by upgrading the housing and if you're gonna do that, might as well get strong tubes too.

Heholua

I see you have a ProRock 44 up front. You do know that you will still need to keep the spacers installed up front, right? Without them, your width front to rear will be off. If you do know all that and are still wanting to go with a full width axle, I would just get a semi-float ProRock 60. I mean, that is essentially what you would be doing by upgrading the housing and if you're gonna do that, might as well get strong tubes too.

Yes, I realize I will have to keep the spacers up front. Excellent points and that just made my decision all the easier. Thanks for the always solid advice.

Top Bottom