Gift Ideas

droflakcin

This Sunday, my Wife and I are having our "official" wedding... That being said, I need ideas for gifts for my groomsmen, we're all in the Navy but I dont want to get anything military related. I have searched and searched for things that would be a good gift for them but I keep drawing blanks.. any help would be very much appreciated.

JeepKing

This Sunday, my Wife and I are having our "official" wedding... That being said, I need ideas for gifts for my groomsmen, we're all in the Navy but I dont want to get anything military related. I have searched and searched for things that would be a good gift for them but I keep drawing blanks.. any help would be very much appreciated.

I have gotten flasks, steins, t-shirts, money clips. I would have honestly preferred just some beer. Good luck buddy. I hate shopping so don't envy your job. :naw:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
A good friend of mine gave us all gerber pocket knives with our initials on them. Nothing too fancy...but it was cool and I still have it and use it to this day.

09blackruby

Two that I've received and thought were cool ideas.

1). Shoes, all the guys in the wedding party received fancy black shoes which we got to keep. I still have them and wear them.. Mostly to weddings...:)

2). Same idea as above but all received matching sun glasses (not the mini mart kind). They were nice ones and made for some cool wedding pictures..those are now long gone..

Years ago we found a guy that knew a guy, and so on, that made real honest to goodness "White lightning", not that crap they sell legally nowadays . So as gifts, we filled small Mason Jars with it and had special labels made for them. It actually went over quite well.

droflakcin

A good friend of mine gave us all gerber pocket knives with our initials on them. Nothing too fancy...but it was cool and I still have it and use it to this day.

I was thinking about getting pocket knives, I found a deal of buy 3 get the 4th free.. Seeing as I only need two, the other two can be for me and my father in law.. :beer: OR I'll just get a couple pre-payed VISA and throw 50 bucks on each. lol

JeepKing

I was thinking about getting pocket knives, I found a deal of buy 3 get the 4th free.. Seeing as I only need two, the other two can be for me and my father in law.. :beer: OR I'll just get a couple pre-payed VISA and throw 50 bucks on each. lol

Both of those are cool ideas. And neither require much along the way shopping. Let us know what you decide bro.

droflakcin

Both of those are cool ideas. And neither require much along the way shopping. Let us know what you decide bro.
Well the knives are from things remembered, engraved... but i just noticed they only have 1 in stock.. so VISA cards will be it. that way they can get what they want or need.

droflakcin

never give a knife as a present! it is a symbol of cutting the friendship. at least here in Africa it is:eek:

I don't think its a bad symbol here . It would be something they use at work .. We're in the navy and I use my Gerber almost on a daily basis. Just hook it to my flak vest and go .

Sent from my LG-LS980 using WAYALIFE mobile app

How about getting them all some good cigars that you can enjoy together.

I have gotten money clips but being in the Navy I do not have much to put in it. I have gotten a pocket watch, well let's just say it is still in the box. The best gift was a pocket knife.

R/
Will

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

JayKay

Caught the Bug

I gave my groomsmen each a medium size cooler with a 12 pack in each and I gave them $50 visa gift cards.

Got the most thoughtful gift from my cousin when I was in his wedding. He's a carpenter, so he made each groomsman a washers game handmade out of oak and stained with stainless steel cups. It's so nice I'm afraid to use it, might hang it on the wall.

JungerJk

I like the Pocket Knife, still use the one I received a few years back. A close number two would be the flask.

sean.m.adams33

I'm getting married at the end of august. All my groomsmen are basketball fans so I am getting them hats with the date and title embroidered on the hat.

Top Bottom