Power windows and locks install

Tyler19

If I posted this in the wrong section, I apologize, I couldn't quite find the right place.

Anyways, I was wondering if someone could show me some pictures if they have had power locks or windows installed in there Jeep? My Jeep came with manual everything and I've been debating if I want to pay for the automatic stuff.

gunn_10

did u happen to get any feed back from this I really want to do it to mine as well but haven't seen anyone that done it

Nicalife

My jeep is a half door. Therefore, manual locking mechanism. I took it to get an alarm installed which included the auto locking for all doors. Cost of alarm and the install about $700. It was expensive but it does make life easier. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449812031.011139.jpg

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I had to replace a harness in my '09 driver door. It was a major PITA and not something I look forward to having to do again. Admittedly, I was just taking stuff apart as I went and had no idea what I was doing but, there is an inner panel that, combined with the window, makes doing anything inside of the door a challenge.

Evil

Would it be better to get the doors off a jeep with PW/PDL and just add in the factory wires?

JeepJeep75

Would it be better to get the doors off a jeep with PW/PDL and just add in the factory wires?

I read in here somewhere of someone trying to add power windows or something. Like Sharkey said, there is an inner panel in the door that is very different between the power and non power window doors. It would be much easier to add switches and wire harnesses than to try to re-engineer a door that you can't get into very easily.

dannymalkin

So I actually added power locks to my two door using a universal set on eBay, total cost was around $40 for everything.

HOWEVER, I had to be very creative for them to work and wire them in as well as assembly and disassembly multiple times of the doors. The whole project took 10+ hours I'd say. So yeah the actual cost was cheap but I would never do it again lol

So I would recommend using OEM parts for sure. And I would also pay someone to install them. More money but worth it IMO.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
On one of my older JK's that I used to have, it came with manual locks and window and after looking into converting it to power, I decided against it. It's not just the doors you have to address, it's the wiring harness and all the wiring you need to get into the center stack as well not to mention you will need to pay your dealership to flash the computer to get it all to work.

Top Bottom