2013 stock stereo

K9wells

I am asking for a fellow jeeper whom has a 2013 stock stereo. The stereo comes on but no sound is put out through the speakers. She ordered a new stereo and still no sound. We checked the fuses all seem to be good, is there anything else that i can try? I have a 2012 and was thinking about taking my radio to see if maybe she has two bad stereos. By the way we are both stationed overseas so dealership is not really an option.

09blackruby

My 09 jkur has had 3 factory head units in it, all were replaced by the dealer before the jeep had 15k on it. System would work fine and then just cut out and nothing.. I know this doesn't help but, I believe it's resolved now.. I feel like I'm jinxing myself just talking about it. Good luck.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I believe she does have a sub

When she got the new unit, did she have the amp reprogrammed with the new security code? On premium systems, the amp is paired to a headunit, so if it doesn't detect the proper headunit, it won't work.

K9wells

When she got the new unit, did she have the amp reprogrammed with the new security code? On premium systems, the amp is paired to a headunit, so if it doesn't detect the proper headunit, it won't work.

It was an aftermarket head unit so no we just tried to plug and play it.

DMF

If it's an AM HU you will need something like a wiring harness from Pac to retain all your stereo settings and for it to work. But I would start off getting a battery and start popping the speaker wires. If the speakers make a popping sound then they are more then likely fine and you know it's the HU that is having problems.

Edit:
It's not likely that all 4 speakers would die so I'm sure you need a new HU. But in order for your AM HU to work you will need this
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_127C2RCHY4/PAC-C2R-CHY4-Factory-Integration-Adapter.html

jeeeep

Hooked
It was an aftermarket head unit so no we just tried to plug and play it.

you need to get the proper PAC to that allows the Jeep to communicate with the new unit, I just had mine upgraded and it used the PAC C2R-CHY4, mine's a 2010 so you'll need to look up the proper PAC unit

Top Bottom