Clearance EVO C-gussets?

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Planning on ordering EVO C-gussets soon and saw on someone's build thread that they clearanced them down near the coil perch on the axle tube. Is this a requirement to make them fit properly? Seems to me like something that would've been taken care of in the fabrication process if it was necessary.

I would've posted this question in the build thread, but I've been searching for it and can't find it.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Also, I've seen Eddie's write-up and didn't see this as one of the steps for installation, but just curious as to why the member here would show this being done in his build thread.

jeeeep

Hooked
some coil may rub against them others clear it fine.

Just do a test fit and see..myself, I didn't want another potential noise so when I did the test fit it looked like the springs would rub them so I clearanced them just a little - not big deal didn't need to take much off.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
When I first put mine on my coils rested on them. Was worried about noise also but didn't make a sound. I didn't want to take any material out if not needed.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Like everyone else said the coil will most likely sit on the gussets a little but it's not going to hurt anything. That's how mine are.

Sent from my iPhone

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the replies fellas! I have no problem grinding on them, just don't want to if it's not necessary. Guess I'll find out when I test fit them.

09blackruby

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400264734.952978.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400264751.409914.jpg

I just did this a couple weeks ago. No modifications just welded them in. Very slowly... A little at a time in each side cooling with a cold wet rag.

Top Bottom