Dana 30....

ZuidJK

Not trying to get rich off my factory 30 so if any forum members need an axle 100$ and it's yours..has about 30k km on it before it got swapped. Pm if interested..located in good ol Canada. (southern Ontario.)

Chevy Dave

If it has 3.73 gears I'd buy the ring and pinion and carrier if you would pull and ship to the states...

OllllllllO Instagram @LucyTheJeep

ZuidJK

If it has 3.73 gears I'd buy the ring and pinion and carrier if you would pull and ship to the states...

Ya overlander I agree..and by the time it gets to you after you pay shipping and stuff I feel like you could have a new gear overhaul kit.

Chevy Dave

If you have 3.21's 3.73's are a complete waste. Not worth time time or effort.

Why? I have 3.21s so I would think 3.73s would be much better. I do a ton of highway driving so I don't wanna go so deep that it revs like crazy in 6th on the freeway. I wanna go from 33s to 35s and I think that'd suck with 3.21s

heybob

Southern Ontario is a large area can you be more specific? Have a friend in michigan unsure if it's be worth the road trip.

seanb123

Why? I have 3.21s so I would think 3.73s would be much better. I do a ton of highway driving so I don't wanna go so deep that it revs like crazy in 6th on the freeway. I wanna go from 33s to 35s and I think that'd suck with 3.21s

Because to regear you will need to pay for the gear front and rear then overhaul kit at roughly 200 per axel to still be under geared

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Because to regear you will need to pay for the gear front and rear then overhaul kit at roughly 200 per axel to still be under geared

3.73's and 35's is doable but not something i would wanna do again. i would rather see you spend the money on 4.56 or 4.88 gears for the best power and fuel economy combo.

ZuidJK

Southern Ontario is a large area can you be more specific? Have a friend in michigan unsure if it's be worth the road trip.

For sure I'm in Waterford which is about 15 mns away from Port Dover if you've heard of it..and from michigan I'm about 3 hour drive (Windsor/Detroit border)

ZuidJK

It still won't be that great with the 3.73s .. I'd def go 4.56, won't go to high on rpms and be a lot easier to turn those 35s..I just was on 35 with those gears and i I found myself downshifting more than I would have liked to to keep up with traffic.

Bumble bee

Banned
What motor/trans? With the 3.6 you can live with it. 35's with 3:73 3.8-auto was horrible. In live in flat ass illinois and couldn't hold cruise... Ever. Went to 4:88 it was perfect. Recently switched to 5:13 and now I want 37's!

jeepin tiger

Any desire to ship this to the US?

I screwed up my D44 and am not in a place to drop 1k on a new housing. Bummed to lose the D44, but the 30 would get me back on the road at least.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom