Can-bus and modern technology issues

okjeep

I have finally received full wife approval to drink the jk coolaid and build a jk with similar features to our YJ. We will be transitioning the jk to include a ls motor, d60's, atlas case, and 37's. since its unlikely I could just remove all of the jeep wiring and replace it with a street rod harness, I'm curious what are the common can-bus issues people have. What was your oddest error code?

Also, has anyone found a source to access the jeep programming? I'm familiar with ls edit.

Our YJ we have had for the last 12 years. Built with an aluminum 5.3, 4l60e, atlas 4.3, pro rock 60 front, tera crd60 rear, 35 spline goodies in both axles, 37's. image.jpg

okjeep

I'm in vegas this week and will be over to discuss. I've emailed back and forth with Robbie. I'm interested in other can-bus issues and how people worked around them as well.

jeeeep

Hooked
got it..my buddy has their install and has had 0 issues, not sure how many miles but he's had it about a year. I hope to get my LS swap mid July while I'm in the area...

okjeep

I've done a dozen motor swaps into cj's and yj's and the ls motor has been the easiest with lots of programming room to adjust and tweek. Going into a jk should be as easy except for the jeep side of the harness and bcm's. I don't really need a sensor to tell me the steering wheel is crooked or the electric heated mirrors aren't working. A bit too stupid proof only to send you to the dealer.

jims68

The CanBus is really not an issue. Both systems run independent of each other and do there own thing. Robbie has a module he uses for some protocol conversion to turn the dash CEL lights off and run the cruise control along with shifter position. The jeep PCM is sent off and reprogrammed so the jeep side is happy. The only dash light I had was the traction control since you don't have any jeep motor or transmission feedback so you have partial, just like hitting the button by the shifter. His board turns off this light. With how busy he is you should see every phase of a build in his shop.

Top Bottom