Opinions on this rear axle support design....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It works and will get the wiggle out of your rear end but it's a hell of an expensive track bar replacement. I got to ride in the FT JK with it one and it could corner well. I believe piginajeep ran one for a while. Maybe he'll chime in with a first hand perspective.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
It works and will get the wiggle out of your rear end but it's a hell of an expensive track bar replacement. I got to ride in the FT JK with it one and it could corner well. I believe piginajeep ran one for a while. Maybe he'll chime in with a first hand perspective.

Interesting to hear you say that. If I had to bet I would have said it was a gimmick. Just curious, as I don't seem to quite understand the function....what does this setup do that a trackbar doesn't??

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug

StrizzyChris

This keeps the axle centered throughout the entire up and down travel of the axle. With a traditional track bar the rear axle will pull to the pass side in down travel and push towards the drivers side in the up travel

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting to hear you say that. If I had to bet I would have said it was a gimmick. Just curious, as I don't seem to quite understand the function....what does this setup do that a trackbar doesn't??

Nope, it's no gimmick. A constant roll center design really works and will eliminate the drawbacks of a track bar which is attached to the frame on one end and on the axle on the other. I just don't know how necessary it is to address. If by virtue of it you could eliminate the rear upper control arms, you might have something as it would essentially be a watts link.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Nope, it's no gimmick. A constant roll center design really works and will eliminate the drawbacks of a track bar which is attached to the frame on one end and on the axle on the other. I just don't know how necessary it is to address. If by virtue of it you could eliminate the rear upper control arms, you might have something as it would essentially be a watts link.

As always, your honesty is appreciated. I was looking at it and thought "ooooh shiny." :D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As always, your honesty is appreciated. I was looking at it and thought "ooooh shiny." :D

LOL!! When Full Traction first told me they were working on this, I was pretty excited as I thought it was going to be more of a watts link - kind of like a 3-link setup but better. Unfortunately, this design retains the control arms and so it ended up being a shiny track bar improvement.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
LOL!! When Full Traction first told me they were working on this, I was pretty excited as I thought it was going to be more of a watts link - kind of like a 3-link setup but better. Unfortunately, this design retains the control arms and so it ended up being a shiny track bar improvement.

Yup, after reading the thread above, I can say without I doubt that I don't need it. My AEV 2.5" handles just fine (for what it is, it's no sports car but far better than stock) and the 2" loss in uptravel is definitely not something I want.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

Yeah, it's nice and all. But I would put the money on other parts first.

Top Bottom