The latest issue !

barno92

So my jeep has a bouncing idle when I am parked on an angle. It will stall out if I let it continue to bounce. It only seems to be when the driverside is leaning downward. It also only happens when it's in park. The idle in drive is perfect. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400526351.117981.jpg

See attached pics.

barno92

That's what my initial thought was. We have addressed everything else. Map sensor o ring, plugs, wires, coil pack. O2 sensor

JEEPnGEO

Take one spark plug out of the drivers side and one out of the passenger see if they match.

Can you jack up one side while idling (Drivers) and see when the engine starts to choke. Do the same for the passenger side.

droflakcin

So I turned the AC off and there's no more Idle issues? Any ideas?

You might want to have your AC Compressor checked out. There is normally a slight difference in idle rpm when you first kick the ac on but not enough to notice . Could be the pully.

Sent Via Pony Express

36Fan

Idle Air Controller. Controls idle speed of the engine on start up,cold starts,AC, etc. On older engines the AC used a solenoid to bump up the idle circuit,newer ones use IAC in conjunction with the ECM. It will be located on or next to the throttle body, usually a small round item with a wiring harness plugged into it.

36Fan

Where the hell is it located? I think I looked everywhere.

The older 3.8's had IAC's, the jk's do not. My mistake, I apologize for that. I would start with something easy like cleaning the TB, its easy to remove and clean. Im assuming the ECM controls extra air flow needed for the AC signal, which should be able to detect with a scanner if a code is thrown. The engine isn't adjusting for the AC turning on, which is either the ecm not getting the signal or sending out the signal.

barno92

I see. No worries. It is doing with or without the AC. There is a viper throttle body on. I wonder if it has something to do with that?

36Fan

Haha..ok. If it does then try cleaning it. The older 3.8 had it mounted at the TB, you couldn't miss it.

BUT, if it is running rough with and without the AC it might not be the IAC anyway. The IAC just adds more air when needed, so during normal operating(no ac)it wouldn't have much to do. Without an obvious, such as vacuum leak or bad plug wires etc. It could be anything, a scan from the dealers computer might be what you need, sorry to say. I would clean the TB and IAC first though.

jeeeep

Hooked
I see. No worries. It is doing with or without the AC. There is a viper throttle body on. I wonder if it has something to do with that?

I'd take the viper TB off and put the stock back on then run it. changing too many things at once makes it tough to trouble shoot

Top Bottom