Spots on grill

JKBlackie

I've had these spots on my grill for awhile, I thought it could've been caked on bug guts from lots of long road trips, but I washed the Jeep up the other day and I got bug remover and it didn't help at all. Then I had some black polisher and tried that and nothing. Has anyone else experienced this that has a good fix?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400534652.040232.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400534693.162788.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400534665.002340.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400534665.002340.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 220

JKBlackie

Your picture looks like you're in snow, so I'm gonna assume the salt from the roads is making its way through the paint?

No I'm not in snow and haven't been for months. I'm in Kansas and it's been summer weather.

What could cause that? I'm pretty confused.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
A lot of things could cause it. Take it to a body shop and ask them what they think the cause is. They won't charge you.

JEEPnGEO

Yep. Mine did the same thing so the detailer at the local wash tub used a polishing machine and some other chemicals brought it back to life. He even hid all the pen striping.. He even used a heat gun.

Good luck

JKBlackie

Thanks for all the help boys. I think I'm gonna plastidip this son of a gun tomorrow. I found a few guys on here that have black rigs that have done it and I think it looks great. I'll put up some pics when it's done.

Brankz

I've had these spots on my grill for awhile, I thought it could've been caked on bug guts from lots of long road trips, but I washed the Jeep up the other day and I got bug remover and it didn't help at all. Then I had some black polisher and tried that and nothing. Has anyone else experienced this that has a good fix?

View attachment 83956
View attachment 83959

That means that you need to start taking care of your jeep, do you max it often? And protected from the sun.

Top Bottom