Opinions on Superchips Flashpaq or other

JKUx

According to what I've read the Superchips Flashpaq seems to be the one to get...
Advice, Opinions welcome!

FYI: I'll be plugging into my 2008 6 speed man. JKU, no intake or exhaust for now.

O|||||||O Swamp Thing

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Being that you have a 2008 6-speed, I don't know if I would bother. I ran one on my 2007 with a 6-speed and didn't really notice enough of a difference to warrant one. Not saying that it doesn't help, it's just not enough to matter or, at least in my opinion. Now, if you had an automatic, I would definitely recommend it as I definitely saw performance gains on my 2007 2-door with an auto and on my 2009 4-door with an auto.

JKUx

Being that you have a 2008 6-speed, I don't know if I would bother. I ran one on my 2007 with a 6-speed and didn't really notice enough of a difference to warrant one. Not saying that it doesn't help, it's just not enough to matter or, at least in my opinion. Now, if you had an automatic, I would definitely recommend it as I definitely saw performance gains on my 2007 2-door with an auto and on my 2009 4-door with an auto.

Thank you for the prompt reply, seems it is designed mostly around auto trans. Guess a re-gear seems to be the better investment for my application. Does it matter the brand (ring n pinion)?

O|||||||O Swamp Thing

I think Eddie probably remembers this, but I was running the flashpack on my 07 6speed and it really gave me a lot of problems from spark knock to stalling out and it didn't matter what setting I had it on either. I finally set it back to stock and only use it for the speedo calibration.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for the prompt reply, seems it is designed mostly around auto trans. Guess a re-gear seems to be the better investment for my application. Does it matter the brand (ring n pinion)?

O|||||||O Swamp Thing

All the gears are made by the same South Korean manufacturer and just packaged in different boxes. You really can't go wrong with any of the brands out there.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think Eddie probably remembers this, but I was running the flashpack on my 07 6speed and it really gave me a lot of problems from spark knock to stalling out and it didn't matter what setting I had it on either. I finally set it back to stock and only use it for the speedo calibration.

I do remember that and have to say that I never had any of those problems. Still, for a 6-speed, I think you're better off just calibrating your speedo and calling it a day.

JKUx

I appreciate the advice from your experience with this! I would rather plug in the LS V8 instead, LOL!!

O|||||||O Swamp Thing

jeeeep

Hooked
agree with the others - I gave mine to my buddy and it really didn't do anything for his manual - he just used it for tire pressure and speedo calibration couple of other things, flashpaq was overkill. I think you could get the cheaper flashcal or similar and be fine.

JKUx

All the gears are made by the same South Korean manufacturer and just packaged in different boxes. You really can't go wrong with any of the brands out there.

Excellent, I can see Northridge4x4 has a set with my name on it!🍻

@ 50k on the clock, have you seen them needing an overhaul kit or just the ring and pinion?
Better to have it not need it than to need it not have it...

O|||||||O Swamp Thing

JKUx

agree with the others - I gave mine to my buddy and it really didn't do anything for his manual - he just used it for tire pressure and speedo calibration couple of other things, flashpaq was overkill. I think you could get the cheaper flashcal or similar and be fine.

Thanks Jeeeep!👍

O|||||||O Swamp Thing

desertrunner

so all the options on the Flashpaq like the crawl tune, performance tune, and econ tune are mostly just messing with the auto tranny? while it wasnt much putting a CAI and cat back system on mine gave me a little boost but it would always be nice to get more even with the 6 speed.

Top Bottom