Currie or Synergy adjustable control arms

Rharvey160

I'm looking at getting a set of 8 control arms, either Currie JK Rock Jock adjustable control arms or the Synergy ones. The price looks comparable between the two. (Short arms) Anyone have an opinion on these or prefer some other brand?

Pros and cons of either?

I'm planning to run these in conjunction with the Evo bolt on coil overs.

Thanks for your input.

RH

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The Currie arms are really nice and I'm pretty sure are what EVO themselves would recommend. Being that they come with Johnny Joints on both ends, they will provide all the bind free flex you need EVEN WITH an EVO DTD system which provides a true 14" of vertical travel.

Rharvey160

The Currie arms are really nice and I'm pretty sure are what EVO themselves would recommend. Being that they come with Johnny Joints on both ends, they will provide all the bind free flex you need EVEN WITH an EVO DTD system which provides a true 14" of vertical travel.

Thanks for the input. The Currie is what I was leaning towards cuz as you said they have the Johnny Joints on both ends. I have a 2012 with a Rock Krawler kit on it and several of the joints squeak and drive me crazy. It seems no amount of lubrication will keep them quiet for very long.

Rharvey160

Just curious as to why you are going to run all 8 arms?

No particular reason other than I just figured that I needed to replace all the stock arms while I was at it.

I have a 2014 2 door on the way. It is the jeep getting the coil overs and arms.

JKbrick

With 3.5" of lift did you recommend front uppers first and then rear lowers?

I have installed Teraflex, Metalcloak (with both the newer forged and older welded joints), Rock Krawler, and Currie arms.

The Teraflex ones looked like crap, and the Rock Krawler ones were a total PITA to adjust. I liked the MC and Currie arms the most in terns of quality appearance and ease of install.

The MC arms are still unproven and they weren't on your short list.

Since I haven't worked with the Synergy arms I can only judge them by the quality of their components I have used which has been great.

All this said, if I were choosing between the two you have listed I would go Currie. They were easy to adjust and their quality was great. After having my hands on the ones listed above, they are the arms I suggest to people.

Please understand I can only comment on my impressions during install. I myself have the MC with welded ends and it's too early to comment on them in much other capacity.

rinkishjk

I now have curries and they are way better than the tf arms. I would steer clear of the tf arms if your going to wheel your jk. Here's my old tf arms... :what:
And one quick shot of the new curries..

Attachments

• 1404137460565.jpg
    1404137460565.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 348
  • 1404137470740.jpg
    1404137470740.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 345
  • 1404137495971.jpg
    1404137495971.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 342

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks! I was backwards. Is Currie the best?

The Currie arms come with their well tested and proven Johnny Joints on both ends and this alone is what makes them one of the best in my opinion. Even companies like EVO, Clayton and the like uses Johnny Joints on their arms for this reason.

Napalm90

I now have curries and they are way better than the tf arms. I would steer clear of the tf arms if your going to wheel your jk. Here's my old tf arms... :what:

It that how it's suppose to be mounted... Looks inside down and back wards....

JKbrick

Your pic looks like you have the JKS weld on bracket too. Did you make a flip kit out of the steering with it? I'm just getting ready to

rinkishjk

Your pic looks like you have the JKS weld on bracket too. Did you make a flip kit out of the steering with it? I'm just getting ready to
Yep I have the jks front relocation bracket, and I did the drag link flip. I have the Currie drag and tie rod. Been on there a long time, haven't had any issues, and we actually welded it on with a small 115v old Lincoln welder mig with no gas.
I also recently added their rear relocation bracket also and removed the tf one.

It that how it's suppose to be mounted... Looks inside down and back wards....
Yes, the tf arms have the gold adjustable end on the axle, where as the Currie has the adjustable end on the frame end. The rear uppers are opposite also... Adjustable end on the axle. Triple checked their instructions. :beer::thumbup:

JKbrick

Yep I have the jks front relocation bracket, and I did the drag link flip. I have the Currie drag and tie rod. Been on there a long time, haven't had any issues, and we actually welded it on with a small 115v old Lincoln welder mig with no gas.
I also recently added their rear relocation bracket also and removed the tf one.

I welded on the JKS rear track bar reinforcement brace on the axle bracket but it used the same hole as stock, didn't relocate anything

rinkishjk

I welded on the JKS rear track bar reinforcement brace on the axle bracket but it used the same hole as stock, didn't relocate anything

I have this one which raises the mount. http://jksmfg.com/i-8938540-wrangler-jk-2007-2014-relocation-bracket-for-rear-trackbar.html

Top Bottom