Gear change

jeeprunner03

I need change my gear ratio from stock to something that can handle my bigger tires.
Please help

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WAYALIFE mobile app

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I have a 2003 Sahara

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WAYALIFE mobile app

From what I have learned sense we both have the Dana 30 up front that why I am only going 4:88, I know others will chime in with more Info to help. I know there is another thread on here that has alot more info. I will see if I can find it. and paste in link.

Webe

I have the D30 upfront with 35s & 4.88 gears. Works great with a manual 6 speed. If you have an auto you may want to go with 4.56 :twocents:

seanb123

Keep in mind if you have a d35 in the rear 35 are more likely gonna break that axel it would be smart to get ford 8.8 or dana 44

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
For those commenting with what they have for a JK it doesn't matter. A TJ is a different jeep with a different motor. What's good for your JK isn't going to be the same for a TJ.

Yorkie

4.88 is probably your best bet. Great size for the 35s and like stated before hope you keep in mind that rear axle..35s make a 35 go boom

ELTorro

35's

How does the a bigger tire twist and destroy the axle, does it matter whether the jeep is a 4cyl or 6 cyl. Also, beside re-gearing and axle upgrade will you need bigger or better brakes as well.

Top Bottom