Rim Size Question for all

JEEPnGEO

I have 16 inch rims and find it a little hard to find tires. They are out there but so many of them are 17, 18, 19 +.

I would like to know what size rim do YOU run....

If you want to list your backspacing you can but I just want rim sizes please. No tires or brand of rims. I want to see what size is the most popular. Please let me know if you are running stock rims. Mine are aftermarket.

Thanks fellas and ladies.

suicideking

Currently 15 X 8 with 35" GY MTR.

I was running 16 X 8 ATX wheels with 33's. When I wanted 35's, there weren't much tires to choose from. I was thinking of going up to 17", but tires were $100 less for 15's. So I saved $500 by going with 15's.

However, I will be moving to 37's next. Not many tires in 37 X 15, so will now be going to 17". Lucky for me, a friend moved to beadlocks and gave me his scratched up 17's.

StrizzyChris

I would say that 75% or more of Jeep folks go with a 17" rim on the JK and about 4.5" to 5" of backspace is perfect for everything except coilovers.

If you are planning on airing down your tires, and not running beadlocks, you'll want the skinniest wheel (not thinner than stock at 7.5" though) possible to help maintain a bead. If not airing down, then width doesn't matter a whole lot.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i run a 315/75r16 tire and 16x8 wheels with 4.25 backspacing. that being said i will move to 17's eventually so i can have a wider choice of 37's to choose from.

Top Bottom