AEV heat reduction hood vs Poison Spyder Hood louver

Mikead40

I've been setting aside money for the AEV heat reduction hood (long days crawlin' in the south TX sun...), but I just caught wind of this poison spyder hood louver which costs about 1/8th as much. Anyone have any thoughts? I'm particularly interested in how it performs - i.e. how effective is it at dissipating heat from the engine compartment. Lots of opinions out there about the aesthetics of both, but anyone with experience with either specifically in terms of how well they function?

HDGasser

Good info in the thread mooch posted.

I can't tell you how well the aev hood works but I can tell you the PSC hood louvers do let engine heat escape... You can see it.

Like many others I couldn't justify the price of the hood but it is really nice.

I think moochie has his color matched and I think it's purdy damn sexy!:yup:

fadeout

The AEV hood is heavy steel and way more substantial than the stocker, you'll notice it right away. It lets tons of heat escape and you will even see it on colder days steaming off the engine in front of you. It looks AWESOME, by far my fav hood still for the JK. Added bonus there snork works right out of the box with it, only cons are the overall price and pain of painting.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
I have the AEV hood and you can definitely see heat escaping. Fit and finish is extraordinarily nice. It also gets rid of the two rubber knobs on the hood.

Top Bottom