My copy cat fenders

KernHydro

Finally got a chance to trim my fenders and I'm really happy with the way they came out. I got to give a big thanks to WOL, without his write up I wouldnt have gone through with it. I love using those project jk post to help get stuff done with more ease and less stress. So thank you and keep it up it's a awesome tool. So here are the results... I call them copy cats because I tried my hardest to copy the lines that was used on moby as I have looked at alot of different trimmed fenders and WOLs are the better looking ones.. So why mess with success ...

Attachments

• image-1577731001.jpg
    image-1577731001.jpg
    465.4 KB · Views: 154
  • image-468025784.jpg
    image-468025784.jpg
    452.4 KB · Views: 154
  • image-3555006973.jpg
    image-3555006973.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 149
  • image-2888785290.jpg
    image-2888785290.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 150
  • image-1507101094.jpg
    image-1507101094.jpg
    435.7 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:

kaptkrappy

Finally got a chance to trim my fenders and I'm really happy with the way they came out. I got to give a big thanks to WOL, without his write up I wouldnt have gone through with it. I love using those project jk post to help get stuff done with more ease and less stress. So thank you and keep it up it's a awesome tool. So here are the results... I call them copy cats because I tried my hardest to copy the lines that was used on moby as I have looked at alot of different trimmed fenders and WOLs are the better looking ones.. So why mess with success ...
Super Model.jpg

Looks Great !
And you had a Super Model helping. Doesn't get any better than that.

KernHydro

How are you guys keep your fenders black? mine are only year since mfg and already turning grey. Also has any one figured out a way to retain the inner fender liner on the rear?

kaptkrappy

I use TurtleWax F21 Super Protectant. It works outstandingly here in the SW Florida sun. It's less expensive that the 303 products everyone swears by too.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
How are you guys keep your fenders black? mine are only year since mfg and already turning grey. Also has any one figured out a way to retain the inner fender liner on the rear?

you really don't want them still in. i've seen a few guys do it and it looks like crap. i would recommend that you just paint the fender wells black. that's what i did and think it looks really good.

I use TurtleWax F21 Super Protectant. It works outstandingly here in the SW Florida sun. It's less expensive that the 303 products everyone swears by too.

:thumb: that's what we use. 303 protectant is better but, a lot more expensive too.

KernHydro said:

Looks great dude! Still surprised I haven't seen you running around town yet... When do those EVO Bolt-On Coilovers go on??

KernHydro

@ WOL I'm Getting my Boltons put on this week so I left the front inner liner off because i think it gets trimmed in the install and I wanted to trim it myself. My question is if it can be put in after the coilovers are installed?

Last edited:
KernHydro said:
@pro driver this week everything comes together.. Were do you get your work done in town?

Don't have any major modifications done yet. But I plan to do most myself and any mods I can't do I plan to have done at ORE.

KernHydro

ProfessionalDriver said:
Don't have any major modifications done yet. But I plan to do most myself and any mods I can't do I plan to have done at ORE.
What do you got in the works? What trails are running lately?

KernHydro

Trail_Creeper said:
Fenders look good. I've tossed the idea around of doing it but still need to find the time, which seems I don't have much of.

I hear you. I set out to do this many times but finally just made it happen.

KernHydro said:
What do you got in the works? What trails are running lately?

I'm saving for the EVO DTD. It's going to take some discipline to wait that long (12-18mos) though, so I've been thinking about the bolt-on coilover option. But I want to hear about the performance before I make the call to purchase them. I've seen RubiCAT and it looks awesome, but I want to hear how it works for some others too... So we'll see.

My jeep came with side steps and I just recently sold those, so I'm going to order up some EVO sliders before too long. My brother and I did Black Gulch a few months back and it was nice; haven't had much time since then though...

KernHydro

ProfessionalDriver said:
I'm saving for the EVO DTD. It's going to take some discipline to wait that long (12-18mos) though, so I've been thinking about the bolt-on coilover option. But I want to hear about the performance before I make the call to purchase them. I've seen RubiCAT and it looks awesome, but I want to hear how it works for some others too... So we'll see.

My jeep came with side steps and I just recently sold those, so I'm going to order up some EVO sliders before too long. My brother and I did Black Gulch a few months back and it was nice; haven't had much time since then though...

Why not get a basic coil lift for now and some wheel spacer and call it good untill Dtd time. Or even just coil spacers...

KernHydro said:
Why not get a basic coil lift for now and some wheel spacer and call it good untill Dtd time. Or even just coil spacers...

I've definitely given that some consideration... Still mulling it all over. In the mean time... I wait...

Top Bottom