East Coast: Wild Boar Fastback HARDTOP for JKU - Targa Top!

JKFlyer

*************** EDIT 5/28/14 - HARDTOP HAS BEEN SOLD *****************

ok...so here is an item you won't find for sale that often. it's the wild boar fastback targa top for a 4 door JKU. I have the black powdercoated roof rack installed already where the targa panel sits. For anyone that has seen these, it is a rare hardtop. I personally love the fastback look (have trektop NX) so that is why i got this. Because you people are family, this will be full disclosure..

First, the thing looks f-ing sick! everybody turns heads b/c it is so rare to see. I am probably one a few on east coast with it and I love the unique look it gives jeep in hardtop form! get lots of compliments.

The top piece comes off in one piece and sits on top of the roof rack. very clever storage solution. When targa is on jeep, roof rack can be used for normal roof rack purposes.

hartop is very thick and has gray sound dampening material inside. go to wildboarproducts dot com to learn all about it. very sturdy and well made. back glass window lifts up which is very nice coming from my Trektop NX. tinted windows all around.

Second, it's basically brand new. I just put it on my jeep about 2 months ago. very good shape...

Third, you can get it NOW. What do i mean by that? well, the issue lies in the company. They are So messed up. they tell everyone 6-8 weeks and it's more like 4 months. it took from end of November until the end of March to finally get it. it is what it is and there is a big waiting list to get these. unless you have been there like me calling them 1-2 a week, you will have no idea how much frustration getting it NOW saves you! :)

The bad thing is if you google the company, the tops are notorious for leaking. here has been my issue. I worked with them and eliminated most of the leaks by adding rubber along the windshield channel in certain parts. almost all leaks are eliminated but water still comes in a tiny bit from tops of doors. drips on top of door handles in a bad storm. it has driven me crazy and thus, why i am open to selling. also the top panel came with a very small 1/4 crack on front lip in two spots (near windshield channel) that I put JB weld and touch paint on so that is not an issue but full disclosure. let me clarify that only place it ever leaked is front targa panel near windshield. whole back piece is fine and never had problem.

Thus, if you are someone that has time and patience or expertise to play with rubber or modify rubber door moldings, this is a tremendous deal for you.
My cost was 2850 for top. 150 for roof rack powdercoated plus 600 for crate shipping to east coast from CA. Total of 3600. For these flaws, i am willing to drop the price down to $2700. Dont expect any support from the company, which is a shame. Thus, selling AS IS. That is almost a one thousand dollar hit for me and you dont have to wait 4 months to get it. Again, a very good deal for someone who wants this top and has patience/time to fiddle with it. FYI, i sold my OEM hardtop for 1500 to fund this so you can do that too if in same boat.

PM me with serious offers. Local PICKUP only to southern NJ area. it would be impossible for me to crate this up and ship it out. For now, it's on jeep so i could drive a short distance if sale happens soon. if not, i may take it off over memorial holiday weekend and then you would have to come to my home to get it.

thanks for looking & see pics.
Jeep 1.jpg jeep 2.jpg jeep 3.jpg

Last edited:

fancyHippo

I've always liked the look of these hardtops. Too bad to hear the rumors about leaking ring true in your case. Looks great on your JKU. Good luck with the sale :thumb:

JKFlyer

I've always liked the look of these hardtops. Too bad to hear the rumors about leaking ring true in your case. Looks great on your JKU. Good luck with the sale :thumb:

Thx bro! It does look nice so I won't be upset if it doesn't sell :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

fadeout

Great price and a free bump for yah. I would consider but there's already 2 of these at the gym I go to one's even color matched, lol. Guess these more popular up in North jerz than they are in the south.

JKFlyer

Great price and a free bump for yah. I would consider but there's already 2 of these at the gym I go to one's even color matched, lol. Guess these more popular up in North jerz than they are in the south.

Yeah I never see them down here and was told when I bought it that there are not many out East here. I guess it really doesnt matter in the end if you like the top. Thx for the bump

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

budmanm3

Sucks about the issues these have with all the leaks. Perfect for someone in a dry climate.

You would think for the price they charge they would figure out these issues and address them and stand behind their product.

They look badass.. Good luck with the sale

JKFlyer

Sucks about the issues these have with all the leaks. Perfect for someone in a dry climate.

You would think for the price they charge they would figure out these issues and address them and stand behind their product.

They look badass.. Good luck with the sale

thanks buddy. Yeah, they make a very solid product, but are not good at fine tweaking things. Their head customer support guy is nice and tries to help, but, in the end, they don't have the right financing to really do things right. So for someone who can fiddle aroudn with it, it is a great buy. it might be that it just isn't fitting perfect on my jeep either b/c they claim it was watertight on their test model. anyway, top is solid and i eliminated most of the leaks...id say 90% of them. i guess all jeeps leak a bit...it just doesnt mesh with my personality.

Top Bottom