Good Bye AEV...Hello EVO!

FoxC

Yes I know, I should have gone this direction from the beginning! Oh well... lessons learned...right;)

I started yanking the AEV lift off and installing an EVO Enforcer with King 2.0's yesterday. I wont hate on AEV...lets just say it wasnt the kit for me after all. Anyway...build is going slow since I am really only working on it early in the morning. Its just too hot during the afternoon.

I can say this so far: the EVO quality is a big step up over the AEV parts...especially with the tracbar brackets. I had my doubts spending the coin on the Kings, but they are a work of art. If they work half as good as they look, I think I'll be happy. I can only imagine what a DTD setup looks like. :shock:

Flip kit goes on tomorrow and with a little luck the rear setup. After that I'll start looking for someone to burn in my sliders.

After the EVO install is complete, I'll give a road manners comparison. I have no doubts that the EVO kit will out perform in dirt.:yup:

I'll also say this: EVO's customer service (Jake) has been outstanding. Any questions I had were promptly answered.

Keep on wheelin!

Attachments

• IMG_20120820_204230.jpg
    IMG_20120820_204230.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 1,882

MTG

Caught the Bug
Awesome! Looks good!

Yeah, Vegas sucks this time of year. No way around it. Don't envy you at all.

I was going to suggest replacing your brake lines, rather than the extension, but it looks like you have them in already. So see how much you flex and go from there.

Honestly I wish more people would experience EVO and ORE. From quality of products to customer service. Hands down the best!

If you don't already have the big-ass drill bit for your flip kit install, I can bring you one next week. I think the flip kit makes a world of difference in handling.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Nice! I helped MTG install his Enforcer and had the same thoughts about the quality of EVO's parts. Top notch. We found a step bit to be very helpful on the draglink flip install.

FoxC

Your write up on JK forum and running copper cache with MTG made up my mind to switch over to the "Evo side". I'm picking up a step bit tomorrow morning. Anything special I should look for?

I was trying to decide on the brake line extensions. I didnt install them yet. MTG, did you do your own bleed after installing lines??
:beer:

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
FoxC said:
Your write up on JK forum and running copper cache with MTG made up my mind to switch over to the "Evo side". I'm picking up a step bit tomorrow morning. Anything special I should look for?

I was trying to decide on the brake line extensions. I didnt install them yet. MTG, did you do your own bleed after installing lines??

We used a step bit to start the hole and a regular bit to finish it. I have both if you want to wait until next week. Use cutting oil or just left-over 10w30 like we did. :)

I didn't feel comfortable bending the hard lines so I went with longer crown braided lines. Had a guy help me with bleeding them because I had never done them before. Pretty simple really. Follow WOL write up on project-jk and you'll be fine. Or give Chris a call he knows his stuff and I'm sure will give you a hand.

GCM 2

Congrats on the EVO mfg kit! The Kings are absolutely beautiful, I still try to keep mine looking like bling with aluminum wash every so often. I also recommend the longer brake lines, it is cheap insurance and peace of mind.
Post up some photos when all done, I love seeing jeeps getting to their next stages of a build.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
better late than never. congrats on your new lift. please do post up pics when you've got it all buttoned up and, with any luck, we can hit some trails with you in the near future :yup:

FoxC

Congrats on the EVO mfg kit! The Kings are absolutely beautiful, I still try to keep mine looking like bling with aluminum wash every so often. I also recommend the longer brake lines, it is cheap insurance and peace of mind.
Post up some photos when all done, I love seeing jeeps getting to their next stages of a build.
more pics coming soon...

better late than never. congrats on your new lift. please do post up pics when you've got it all buttoned up and, with any luck, we can hit some trails with you in the near future :yup:
I would love to run a trail or two with you guys. The rig will be a little more capable very soon...and then its game on!

FoxC

ok...lift is on!:rock: Haven't been able to look at it in the daylight yet, but the stance looks good so far in the garage.
A question though...just to be sure: I can drive it without the fr drive shaft in...correct?:thinking: I just need to get it to adams driveshaft in henderson, about 10 mins away...?

FoxC

Lift is on. The new drive shaft gets installed as well as the tracbar brackets and sliders getting burned in on Tuesday. Ordered 37's today and will start installing the skins tomorrow.

First road driving impressions are very positive. A little more lateral sway but thats to be expected with the higher lift. Compression and rebound are spot on. The Kings really show their value there! These are for sure "Plush Ride" coils and then some :brows: More to come...

MTG

Caught the Bug
Congrat! Need some pics. I found the more I drove mine the more I love it. Curious if you'll experience the same. Good luck with skins!

Which tires you go with?

FoxC

Congrat! Need some pics. I found the more I drove mine the more I love it. Curious if you'll experience the same. Good luck with skins!

Which tires you go with?

Pics coming tomorrow...hopefully they are not pics of me throwing tools around the garage after messing with the nutserts.:cheesy:

New wheels and tires from DTD: Black Rhino Matt Blk Imperial 17x9's w/ 37" Nitto trails...sound familiar????:clap2: Gonna have to go easy on the skinny pedal until I get a PR44 fund :twocents::twocents::twocents: put together...maybe October.

Have your BR Keyholes been holding up? I love the look of the BR's but havnt heard much on durability with the finish...?

FoxC

Passenger side skin is on. I took my sweet ass time and it came out pretty good. A few trial and errors :crazyeyes: with the nutserts but once I got the hang of the tool from harbor freight it went pretty smooth. Drivers side should go on tomorrow evening.

IMG_20120826_210131.jpg

FoxC

Front drive shaft from Adams Drive Shaft is on as well as tracbar brackets/sliders welded on, and last but not least front end alignment. Adams Drive Shaft crew in Henderson took good care of me making sure the front shaft didnt contact the exhaust crossover. They were definitely impressed at how much this lift flexed out considering its a short arm kit.
This thing drives fantastic at 80mph...straight as a board. Zero wondering...really impressed. :wings: Todays mod is moving over the evap skid...:brows: As you can see in the last pic...its really close!:yup:
552112_363904450352686_940637473_n.jpg 402839_363904257019372_256872251_n.jpg 207146_363904597019338_795104134_n - Copy.jpg 199749_363904573686007_1511242467_n - Copy - Copy.jpg 185169_363904370352694_1226870354_n.jpg

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
FoxC said:
you are not going to need a forklift to get flexed out where your going bro...:rock: be safe and have a blast on JKX!

Indeed. Believe me I've maxed mine out. I just think the forklift is cool. ;)

Glad you are happy with the kit!

Top Bottom