Overheating question.

compton94

Ok, i had a problem with the radiator fan and just got it replaced 2 weeks ago, if you remember the thread...

Today we were coming back from Sacramento and headed up a grade I have driven for years in my old car at 90+ degrees with the AC running with no issues. Today, my rig started to overheat to the point where the temp light came on. We stopped at the top and let it cool for a bit and ran the heater on blast pointing out the windows and the temp dropped dramatically. The downhill grade helped too.

After we unloaded I popped the hood and noticed the small hose on the filter box that goes around the side of the engine was disconnected. See in the picture.

View attachment 85107

I reconnected that, but do you guys think that this was more than likely the issue or is there an underlying issue that needs more investigation. Other than the obvious of stop going to the dealer, 2nd time this has been done.

Thanks in advance...

Matt

Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

36Fan

That hose has nothing to do with the cooling system. Take it back to whoever fixed the fan.

whiteyjfm

We have the same stuff in our overflow bottle. Problem is that our heater stop working after 90 plus minutes of driving but we never had an overheating problem. Even pulling our 2000 pound trailer to Big Bear in summer, no problems. Dealer knows about our no heat problem but cant duplicate it so nothing has been done about it, even though they know there is a case about it. So frustrating.

Top Bottom