Dash Speaker Install Problem

leximann

First off Happy Memorial Day!! 🇺🇸
Now to the problem... I'm swapping the factory dash speakers with some Polk Audio ones, everything worked fine on the trial run but as soon as I screwed them in and turned the Jeep on, my headlights and wipers come on and I have no control of them... The only way to turn them off is by turning the battery off.... Any solutions?

jeeeep

Hooked
First off Happy Memorial Day!! 
Now to the problem... I'm swapping the factory dash speakers with some Polk Audio ones, everything worked fine on the trial run but as soon as I screwed them in and turned the Jeep on, my headlights and wipers come on and I have no control of them... The only way to turn them off is by turning the battery off.... Any solutions?

what else did you replace if anything?? also, you may have grounded out the speakers, take them out, see if everything works again, then cover the speaker connectors with some electrical tape and make sure the wires are not in the path of the mounting screws - also check the wires for any nicks

leximann

what else did you replace if anything?? also, you may have grounded out the speakers, take them out, see if everything works again, then cover the speaker connectors with some electrical tape and make sure the wires are not in the path of the mounting screws - also check the wires for any nicks

Nothing else was replaced... Everything else works fine just the lights and wipers.. I'm planning on taking it to the dealer tomorrow, I'm thinking it's the computer? For now I just took out the fuse for the wipers

Top Bottom