Bumpstops with coilovers

Im gonna order evo bolt on coilovers in the next couple days and was wondering what everyone does about bump stops. I have metalcloak adjustable bump stops now, will they work or do I need different ones. Im looking at the evo rockstops also

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

bbailey

Banned
The kit comes with proper bump stops and rock stars already

Don't think he meant Rockstars (lower shock mounts), think he meant Rockstops, which I believe is what EVO terms the rear King Hydraulic bumpstops. ROCKSTOPS

The answer is, it depends on what you want. The kit comes with extended bumpstops. You could use the MC bumpstops you have (assuming they'll adjust into the range needed). Or you could purchase the hydraulic bumps. From experience, I can tell you the hydraulic bumps are far better than anything else on the market, no more jarring bottoming of your suspension.

I've got the King bumps on the front of my JKUR presently and a set for the rear sitting in my garage waiting to be installed. Well worth every penny in my not so humble opinion.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, it all depends on how you'll be using your Jeep. For a daily driver, rock crawling and moderate speeds, you'll be fine with what you have. However, if you ever open it up and bomb through big rough terrain, you'll want to get a set of air bumps.

As mentioned, it all depends on how you'll be using your Jeep. For a daily driver, rock crawling and moderate speeds, you'll be fine with what you have. However, if you ever open it up and bomb through big rough terrain, you'll want to get a set of air bumps.

I am planning on going to dana 60's in about a year but until then ill stick with what I have. The metalcloak bumpstops go from 2" and up to 4" so I should be fine

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I am planning on going to dana 60's in about a year but until then ill stick with what I have. The metalcloak bumpstops go from 2" and up to 4" so I should be fine

Not sure what running a 60 has anything to do with bump stops but, like I said, you should be fine with what you have.

Not sure what running a 60 has anything to do with bump stops but, like I said, you should be fine with what you have.

Ya I didnt say it very well lol. Since I have the stock dana 44's I really cant go fast though the desert or anything without doing damage so there really isnt any need for anything other then me MC bumpstops now. Thats what I meant. I will only being using the jeep in the rocks

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ya I didnt say it very well lol. Since I have the stock dana 44's I really cant go fast though the desert or anything without doing damage so there really isnt any need for anything other then me MC bumpstops now. Thats what I meant.

LOL!! Got it.

Top Bottom