Sway Bar Joint Boot ripped

BIGLex

Need some help...

I was washing the Jeep this morning and noticed the passenger sway bar joint boot was ripped and leaking grease...

I know I need to replace ASAP but wanted to know if there was upgradable options for these boots since there's more of a flex now with the lift or if I should go to the stealer and buy a stock boot and replace.

What do you guys think? ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1401205520.358883.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1401205530.401867.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1401205541.167106.jpg

Charlie Mike

What you've pictured is actually not your Sway Bar, but your Drag Link. Looks like you already have a Drag Link flip kit of some sort. I have the EVO Flip kit, and with EVO bolt-on coilovers there's plenty of flex in my rig. Ran plenty of trails I have no rips in this area, so I doubt the flex caused this.

Not really sure about upgrade options, so I can't really comment on that.

Ed Lapadura

Are Rubicons different then a sport or a Sarah looks to be at the arm how's the bend in it facing the front as it should but its still coming into the knuckle from the other direction

Sent from my LG-D500 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Devallee

Isn't there some sort of ball joint there on the drag link? I think that's your problem and not so much the boot. Please don't quote me on that tho, I'm just spit balling. Hopefully someone with more knowledge can chime in. Never had any problems with the boot there either but I agree ^^ that flex might not have been the problem

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Can you take some better pictures when it's not wet? You can twist it up so it isn't pinching down in the front and get a better picture.

If it's just the boot it's not a big deal.

TheDuff

I don't know who's drag link you have, but the boot may be replaceable, so long as you check that joint for play.

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom