Delphi or bust?

Devallee

How do I know if I have the Delphi steering box in my 09 or not? From my knowledge the Delphi boxes stopped after the 09s (please correct me if I'm wrong) but I know not all have em. I'm planning on doing the redneck ram and trying to figure out if I needa replace the box I have or if I have the Delphi that I can send in to have ported

TheDuff

The Delphi boxes are unpainted cast. The China boxes are painted black. That's the easiest way to check

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
since he question was answered i have one. is the Delphi steering box a better box then the one i prob have in my 2011? if so what makes it better. thanks! :beer:

GCM 2

You can't fool me, that clearly reads "KING" on the side.

No it doesn't....

Screen Shot 2014-05-27 at 12.55.00 PM.jpg

since he question was answered i have one. is the Delphi steering box a better box then the one i prob have in my 2011? if so what makes it better. thanks! :beer:

Yes, the Delphi box is known to be a more reliable part than others in circulation

Heholua

From my understanding the Delphi has replacement parts available to be rebuilt. The newer steering boxes are Hecho in China and do not have parts available to rebuild them.

2trackin

That gear box was built in my plant. Delphi plant 7 department 96 assembly line. Cool fact. That exact assembly line builds the gearboxes for Nascar. But instead of 500-600 in 8 hours the NASCAR ones will get about 60 in the same time frame. Unfortunately Chrysler chose to be cheap and chose cost over quality and we lost the contract for the jk.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rancho

Caught the Bug
It is cool/crazy how an assembly line can make some "changes" and accommodate a higher build. Then with a few changes crank it up! :beer:

That gear box was built in my plant. Delphi plant 7 department 96 assembly line. Cool fact. That exact assembly line builds the gearboxes for Nascar. But instead of 500-600 in 8 hours the NASCAR ones will get about 60 in the same time frame. Unfortunately Chrysler chose to be cheap and chose cost over quality and we lost the contract for the jk.

2trackin

It is cool/crazy how an assembly line can make some "changes" and accommodate a higher build. Then with a few changes crank it up! :beer:

Yep, obviously the NASCAR gear has much tighter tolerances and need to be gauged by hand and several parts put together by hand rather than by tooling. But that same line probably makes close to 10 different gears for vehicles from all over the world. Left and right hand drive. Did I mention it also does to US Postal trucks? Yup

Top Bottom