Atlas Transfer Case Support mount question

huck271

I just installed an Atlas 4 Transfer Case in my JK and wanted to know if anyone has installed an additional transfer case support mount and how they did it. I ask because I have heard the extra weight of the Atlas could cause extra stress on the transmission and cause the case to crack. To avoid this from happening I have heard of high end buggies having an additional support made to help support the weight of the Atlas. Has anyone done this, and if so pics please, or is this overkill?

Huck

Moochie

I just installed an Atlas 4 Transfer Case in my JK and wanted to know if anyone has installed an additional transfer case support mount and how they did it. I ask because I have heard the extra weight of the Atlas could cause extra stress on the transmission and cause the case to crack. To avoid this from happening I have heard of high end buggies having an additional support made to help support the weight of the Atlas. Has anyone done this, and if so pics please, or is this overkill?

Huck

I do remember seeing a rear Atlas mount fabbed up for Mel's EVO1.

CRAZYCASEY

Not sure it is needed. It could be an issue if you were running high horsepower and driving your jk like it was evo1, but I wouldn't think even with pretty hard trail wheeling it would be an issue. I have been running my 4speed for 3 years without issue and I like to think I wheel my jk pretty hard. I suppose you could fab something up, just not sure what the best way to do it would be.

Top Bottom