Driver Seat Pops & Squeaks

cjmaroney

Anyone else having the driver seat pop and squeak? It almost sounds like a u-joint going out, pop. Has anyone came up with a way to fix this problem? I have see some people who kinda describe the same problem on another site that has the track warranted. But it then does the same thing in about 3 months time. I am not looking to take it in every 3 month.... I would just like to somehow fix it and be done with it.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I have. I took the seat completely out and looked over all of the bolts to make sure everything was tight. Still have the noise.

I have a 2012. I had my drivers seat frame replaced under warranty due to this issue. Apparently there is an updated version. They lubed it up on two occasion, lubing it would last a day or two. They finally replaced the frame. Having a manual transmission made it really annoying since it would squeak every time I shifted.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Anyone else having the driver seat pop and squeak? It almost sounds like a u-joint going out, pop. Has anyone came up with a way to fix this problem? I have see some people who kinda describe the same problem on another site that has the track warranted. But it then does the same thing in about 3 months time. I am not looking to take it in every 3 month.... I would just like to somehow fix it and be done with it.

My seat did the same, try this put one hand on the top of seat and one on the seat part you sit on. then push down with hand on seat and pull forward with hand at top part of seat. Does in pop in to places? Do you have a 2 or 4 door

VaderJK

Same issue here. it's more of a creak. I have 2500miles on it and it started at about 2000miles. Annoying as all hell.

DirtDevil63

Mine is the passenger seat. Had the whole passenger side dash ripped apart thinking it was the heater core lines. Girlfriend sat in the seat and it disappered. Came back after she got out. Went away after she sat in the back. Stupid. 2014 with 800 miles. Auto 4 door rubicon

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Right Rudder

Sounds like you guys got a crappy batch of seats, my early 2013 JKU shares none of these issues; only sounds I get are the light rattling of the top at highway speeds.

gigem86

I have a 2013 JK and know exactly what you mean. Mine has done it since day 2 of ownership, and I just got back with it finally fixed, after 10222 miles. As the other poster described, I could make it do it any time by pushing down on the front corner nearest the door, and pulling on the top of the seat. They replaced the "driver's seat adjustor assembly". The mechanic's notes from today say "replaced sop driver's seat adjustor for popping in lower track. had to drill out old seat adjustor to remove all brackets and transfer to new seat adjustor. re-riveted pieces". I say THANK GOD! That was driving me batty, made a loud creak/groan every time my weight shifted, so accelerating/decelerating/cornering/getting in and out/etc/etc. It makes no noise now.:thumb: Allen Samuels CDJR service dept has some good people in it, and I didn't even buy it there:thumb:

jeeeep

Hooked
as noted, it's the adjuster - for some reason it won't hold and that's where you get the pop noise from. there are no bolts to tighten it with.

it'll require a trip to the dealer for warranty work :icon_crazy:

VaderJK

Another jeep forum cited the cause as the height adjustment hardware under the seat being dry. A healthy dose of thick lube cured it for them. There were a few forum members that had delt with the problem for years and swore this cured it for them. even people that had tracks and seats replaced under warranty swore by this fix.

I found this by googling it after having the same issue.... although after putting 5000miles on the seat, it seems to have gone away on its own!! :clap2:

Top Bottom