sad day...

jeeeep

Hooked
front end got hit from the side, looks like frame possibly bent..shocks bent, impact pushed the grease out of the DS ujoint on axle side, axle moved at least an inch over, transfer case looks like it's leaking...damn!
:icon_crazy:
2014-05-28 23.34.06.jpg

2014-05-28 23.35.33.jpg

David1tontj

Sorry to hear that! How did it get hit?

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

jeeeep

Hooked
yea, we're all good ... impact felt like hitting a big bump just a jostle.

Someone exiting the freeway crossed 2 lanes, except the lane which we were in, all cars were stopped I was partially out of a drive exit waiting to turn

They never slowed down...

I hope insurance doesn't try to total it...too many extras to take off! again another plus for being lifted, rock guards and bigger tires! no damage to us in the inside!

HILLZ

terrible news, sorry to hear that, atleast with that negative camber it now has you can use it as a trackday car. :doh:
always gotta look for the plus side. ;)

StrizzyChris

I hope insurance doesn't try to total it...too many extras to take off! again another plus for being lifted, rock guards and bigger tires! no damage to us in the inside!

It wouldnt be the worse thing in the world. You could buy it back from them for cheap, then take the insurance money to buy a PR44 and LA suspension with upgraded everything and a Atlas...but thats just me ;)

There are two ways to look at this.

1. If they total it and pay off your Jeep you can see how much to keep or purchase it from the insurance company. Yes it will have a salvage title but it will be all yours.

2. If they do not have a list of upgraded parts to be installed like a PR44 or Rubi D44 front axle, Rub transfer case, 1310 or 1350 driveshaft, ect....
Use their money to get the replacement parts you want. Since the insurance company is going to have to replace some items you might be able to upgrade. I was able to upgrade a motorcycle after it was dropped. It is worth a try, the worst they can say is no have to use stock parts.

I am glad you and the family are all ok.

R/
Will

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
It sucks in the worst way. When one door closes another opens. Maybe. Stiz and Canvas may be on to something to open the door for major upgrades. All the best!:yup:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
damn that sucks! im sorry man. glad you are all right! As mentioned Strizzy and Canvas are on to something here with the insurance and buying it back. this could work in your favor.

jeeeep

Hooked
damn that sucks! im sorry man. glad you are all right! As mentioned Strizzy and Canvas are on to something here with the insurance and buying it back. this could work in your favor.

I agree, this could work out even better!

thanks for the support guys! cheers! :beer:

jeeeep

Hooked
insurance estimator just came by, since i've replaced enough of the stock parts in the front D44 and they would need to get a new axle and transfer or replace my parts and he agreed to look at dynatrac pr44 as a replacement for the stock D44 front woohoo!

I'll take it to the shop tomorrow to have them do a more detail inspection and get the repairs started.

It's hard not to wave at fellow Jeepers I recognize on the road...but then they'd wonder why a guy in a 4dr sedan is waving at them :doh:

Top Bottom