2011 JKU Sport

Jackal01

I am going to a dealership tomorrow to check out a JKU Sport. Being 4 hours away I am relying on pictures to figure some things out until I get up there. It has a lift but I cannot tell roughly what size it is and any other components besides the shocks. Below are pictures that I had the dealer send me to get an idea of tire condition and info on the lift. I asked for multiple pics of the lift components but obviously he didn't come through entirely. Obviously this is a pretty vague request but yall know better than I do. This will be (hopefully) my first JK, second Jeep. Per RC website this supposed lift (I am thinking 3") doesnt come with track bar, control arms. Here is what I think it is: http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-suspension-lift-kit-perf694.html I may be wrong. The springs are rusted in the picture so I am guessing those are factory? And hopefully just surface rust? But if I have to swap out it wont be that big of a deal. Having compared what is in the pictures, to what I think the lift is to the list that Eddie has that should be part of a 3" lift it appears that Rough Country leaves parts out but again, uncertain until I see it in person.

IMG_3826_zpsrivptbz8.jpg

IMG_2040_zpsbc2upqyy.jpg

IMG_0940_zps4qvmqijo.jpg

IMG_1130_zpscxhkb3wv.jpg

IMG_6784_2_zpsal5dvtw3.jpg

36d10020773441908ab54136bab464ae_zpsbbcffe57.jpg

e96092bbfe144055bb2b04cc76d46e91_zps60144bdc.jpg

Tomorrow when I get up there I can snap some shots from underneath for yall to check out before (and if) I sign on the dotted line. Just sucks with it being 4 hours away. Has 42K miles, 2011. Autocheck comes back clean. Auto trans.

Any input on the the lift is appreciated with the little info and "bad" dealer pics. I am not a fan of Rough Country but it will do for the time being, if it all checks out.

Last edited:

TheStick

Tough to tell, but I can't see any spacers so my guess is a spring lift, but it might just be the angle of the pictures.

TBH, this would be far from my choice. IDK what they are asking for it, but I would choose a bone stock '12+ to get the newer 3.6 and 5 speed auto.

:twocents:

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Tough to tell, but I can't see any spacers so my guess is a spring lift, but it might just be the angle of the pictures.

TBH, this would be far from my choice. IDK what they are asking for it, but I would choose a bone stock '12+ to get the newer 3.6 and 5 speed auto.

:twocents:

^^This^^ There's no way I'd drive 4 hours for a 2011 sport. Why is everything so rusty? You're in Texas, right? Even if it does have a RC spring lift, my RC coils still look new after almost 30,000 miles. Even with salt on the winter roads here in MO

Jackal01

I'll see how she drives. I have looked in my region for a 2012+ JK but nothing I like enough in my price range. Why do you prefer the 2012 over the 2011? Personally I am not that particular.

Last edited:

gleno99

I'll see how she drives. I have looked in my region for a 2012+ JK but nothing I like enough in my price range. Why do you prefer the 2012 over the 2011? Personally I am not that particular. I wanted one 2011+.

2012+ has a newer motor and tranny with more power and torque.

Jackal01

You answered before I edited my post! Lol that is what I was going to ask...the motor and trans.

Sent from my HTC One M8.

Jackal01

I guess I should also say that down the road I always planned on a Hemi swap so I can handle the low-power of that motor and all for a few years. I appreciate anyone's input on it but with that said I am not really looking for opinions on whether or not someone prefers one motor or feature over another. 4 hours isn't a big deal to me. I mean local would be best but I drive...a lot so it's not a thing to me. Just. Just curious what the more knowledgeable people have to say about the lift with what little info I have on hand. I'll update tomorrow afternoon.

Sent from my HTC One M8.

Last edited:

suicideking

I agree with above: Try to get a '12+ for the new motor. With the new motor, you probably won't want to do the engine swap.

For the suspension. It does look 2.5" - 3" or so. You can't really tell if the whole lift is RC. Doesn't mean it is just because the shocks are. And FYI, RC has one of the worst reputations for ride quality. Make sure when you test drive it, you take it over some bumps pretty fast to feel how rough it will probably ride. Plus, since it's used, they shouldn't have a problem with you taking a longer than normal test drive.

If you don't like the handling and don't mind changing out most of the suspension for something better quality, then you might still want it. I'd rather get something stock height than something with an RC kit.

Jackal01

I have never liked RC. Luckily an Enforcer lift is the first big purchase. I will try and measure the actual lift tomorrow. It looks like the previous owner just pieced their own kit.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
looks like someone's old problems. i'd look for a stock sport. if you're going to replace the lift, why are you so concerned with it? it's just a cheapo rough country lift.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
suicideking;319781I'd rather get something stock height than something with an RC kit.[/QUOTE said:
Unfortunately I learned this after I installed my Rough Country lift. If I would've been a member here before the install, I would've chosen something different

Jackal01

Not concerned with the lift. Just wondering if people can identify the height or anything with what little info I have. I'm new to the world of lifts/wranglers so seeing if anyone knows something that isn't obvious in the shots.

Sent from my HTC One M8.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
It has already been said but ill say it again. Hold off and buy a 2012 or newer. Unless you plan on an engine swap or can put up with a jeep that can't handle highways the 3.6 is way better and worth it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom