Which of the 3 Will it be?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Check it out, the U.S. Army just got done selecting 3 finalists to replace the Humvee in $5 billion bake-off and here they are:

AM General BRV-O
brvo.jpg

Lockheed Martin JLTV
Lockheed-Martin-JLTV-01-jpg_180749.jpg

Oshkosh L-ATV
Oshkosh-L-ATV-jpg_180754.jpg

So, which one do you think it will be? :)

Yeti-09

Which ever one cost the most and has the hardest parts to replace will win. We can never do anything simple or cost effective!

Trail_Creeper

Yeti-09 said:
Which ever one cost the most and has the hardest parts to replace will win. We can never do anything simple or cost effective!

It'll be the cheapest one with the hardest part to replace and doesn't come with a warranty. Look at the F-22 and F-35 programs we use in the Air Force.

mjhau02

AM General BRV-O seems to be my favorite out of looks alone. Any other specifications that stick out to you Wayolife?:usa:

Markymark420

If they pick the Lockheed model it will end up costing the tax payers at least 3-4x the original bid. My pick is the Oshkosh. On their website they have some videos of it in action; they even ran the Baja with it.

JKsix

Yeti-09 said:

It'll be the lowest bidder.. Just like every thing else in the military.

Aeraun

AM or Lockheed. Think Lockheed might have the advantage. As long as it has more armor and capabilities than the humvee i dont care if i pay for it in taxes. They should have did this a long time ago and we wouldnt have had so many ied casualties. Humvees werent made for that. I still think Jeep show hop back on the military band wagon. Would love to see an armored JK with an M2 on top

1Bvs3G

I would go with the Lockheed. I hope they keep it yellow too. That'd give the Army a nice new look... :icon_crazy:

Found a video of it. Definitely sold on it now.

Last edited:

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I'm going to vote AM General. The other two seem like they would be harder to transport, ie externally carry on the cargo hook of a CH-47.

ichthus

Aeraun said:
AM or Lockheed. Think Lockheed might have the advantage. As long as it has more armor and capabilities than the humvee i dont care if i pay for it in taxes. They should have did this a long time ago and we wouldnt have had so many ied casualties. Humvees werent made for that. I still think Jeep show hop back on the military band wagon. Would love to see an armored JK with an M2 on top

The J8 IS a beefed up JK with optional armor and armament. Currently built in Egypt for foreign markets, Jeep has been pitching it to the US government as a border patrol and forest ranger vehicle.

JKsix

ichthus said:
The J8 IS a beefed up JK with optional armor and armament. Currently built in Egypt for foreign markets, Jeep has been pitching it to the US government as a border patrol and forest ranger vehicle.

Wow the J8 is awesome! T bad uncle sam will never go for it.

Top Bottom