Takeoff exhaust fit

Wheelz

The exhaust on my '07 jk 2 door is pretty much cashed, and I although I'd like a nice new catback system, I don't really want to spend the money on one right now. I found a takeoff from a '13 2 door on Craigslist for a good price. Does anyone know if it will be a direct fit on my '07? If I have to do any cutting/welding, I'll just skip this and get a new system.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I don't believe it will fit but I'm prob wrong. If you want something new take a look at some of dynomax's exhausts. I have one on my 2 door and I love it

Sent from my iPhone

engineman1031

Dynomax!! I have the competition/rock crawler on my 09 rubi 2dr. I love it not loud but not quiet. Definitely suggest it. 180ish bucks on amazon for the full system

rumble

Dynomax is also having a rebate promotion until June 30th I believe. $50 off any purchase under $299 if I remember right. Check out their website

I don't believe it will fit but I'm prob wrong. If you want something new take a look at some of dynomax's exhausts. I have one on my 2 door and I love it

Sent from my iPhone

You are pretty spot on. The mounting locations changed from 2007-11 and from 2012-up.

Dynomax!! I have the competition/rock crawler on my 09 rubi 2dr. I love it not loud but not quiet. Definitely suggest it. 180ish bucks on amazon for the full system

Yep.

Dynomax is also having a rebate promotion until June 30th I believe. $50 off any purchase under $299 if I remember right. Check out their website

True!

Thanks guys. I'll look into the dynomax.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me.
Made in the USA.
90 day Sound/Performance Guarantee too. If you aren't happy you have 90 days to return it for a refund.
Limited Lifetime Warranty too, save your receipt.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I've been thinking about the Evolution series for my '12, but worried about the inside of the Jeep filling with fumes if I let it warm up in the garage during the winter. Anyone have issues with this?

And this is probably a question for dynomax, but here in MO, the Evolution won't pass safety inspection since it doesn't exit from under the passenger compartment. I won't have to worry about safety inspection until 2017. My thoughts were to run the Evolution until inspection time, then install a tailpipe like what's on the RockCrawler. Is this a possibility? Will the tailpipe bolt up directly? Can I get the RockCrawler with a turndown on the end instead of the polished tip?

I've been thinking about the Evolution series for my '12, but worried about the inside of the Jeep filling with fumes if I let it warm up in the garage during the winter. Anyone have issues with this?

And this is probably a question for dynomax, but here in MO, the Evolution won't pass safety inspection since it doesn't exit from under the passenger compartment. I won't have to worry about safety inspection until 2017. My thoughts were to run the Evolution until inspection time, then install a tailpipe like what's on the RockCrawler. Is this a possibility? Will the tailpipe bolt up directly? Can I get the RockCrawler with a turndown on the end instead of the polished tip?

How long would you warm it up in the garage for? As long as the garage is well ventilated shouldn't be an issue. But I tend to be cautious and would have the garge door open. I idle with this system outside, no issues.

On the second question yes it is possible/easy. In all honestly it might be easier to just have a local exhaust shop bend you a pipe up.
If not the P/N off our 4 door system is 56157. And it is not possible to order it with a turn down like you suggested. I ended up doing this on my 2013 JKU.

20130429_104154_zpsfa0325f0.jpg

JayKay

Caught the Bug
How long would you warm it up in the garage for? As long as the garage is well ventilated shouldn't be an issue. But I tend to be cautious and would have the garge door open. I idle with this system outside, no issues.

On the second question yes it is possible/easy. In all honestly it might be easier to just have a local exhaust shop bend you a pipe up.
If not the P/N off our 4 door system is 56157. And it is not possible to order it with a turn down like you suggested. I ended up doing this on my 2013 JKU.

20130429_104154_zpsfa0325f0.jpg

Maybe 10-15 minutes and yes, the garage door would be open. As far as the tailpipe, the exhaust may be the better route. Without me looking, is your tailpipe stainless? Exhaust shop would most likely be galvanized, unless I request stainless. Only reason I desire a turndown is because I like the "tucked up" look like AFE offers. Sorry I said AFE

Maybe 10-15 minutes and yes, the garage door would be open. As far as the tailpipe, the exhaust may be the better route. Without me looking, is your tailpipe stainless? Exhaust shop would most likely be galvanized, unless I request stainless. Only reason I desire a turndown is because I like the "tucked up" look like AFE offers. Sorry I said AFE

Yes all stainless 409/304 are used. :) And no worries at all. ;)

Top Bottom