Just checking before I buy!

gleno99

I'm finally about to order a lift. I just wanted someone who has experience to chime in! I'm looking at the evo enforcer 3" with draglink flip and bilstein 5100. Also, I'll be running 35's. What I would like to know is! How does it compare to the ride of a stock jkur? Stiffer? Softer? About the same? I tend to drive kind of fast. So will it have a lot more body roll? Will it bottom out a lot over dips? I have a front rugged ridge stubby bumper and winch. It's not very heavy though. I'll use the rear stock tire carrier for a while. Will it be 3" or a little higher? I don't do anything offroad my jeep can't handle now, but hopefully that will change. I don't want to buy a lift just to change it again later. I've never heard anything bad about the enforcer kit, hence the reason I'm looking at it. Thanks in advance!

rajuncajun

I'm looking at the same kit too. I want the 4in though, 3 would be good too. Some say you need front drive shaft. I bought a zone 4in but about to sell it. Anyone running stock driveshaft?

gleno99

I'm looking at the same kit too. I want the 4in though, 3 would be good too. Some say you need front drive shaft. I bought a zone 4in but about to sell it. Anyone running stock driveshaft?

I heard as long as you don't disconnect the sway bar the front drive shaft will last a little while. I may go ahead and buy one. I'm kinda thinking 37s. I really don't want to regear right now. If ore was closer with the $1000 regear, I wouldn't hesitate.

rajuncajun

Well I ain't gunna use disconnects too much bc I'm south Louisiana its mostly mud. Then again, I've only been 4 times since I got it back in November.

tpietzsch

Well, for what's it worth I'm running a 3inch Revtek kit with 5100s and 35s. I think the tire load range is something to consider. I went from load range C to a E and she's much firmer/harsh. C load range was smooth. Going to Es is just different, not unbearable but different. I suspect with the Es I shouldn't get a puncture...:). In other words, your EVO kit will be bada$$, you just need to pay attention to which tires you run.

Last edited:

gleno99

Well, for what's it worth I'm running a 3 inch Revtek spring with 5100s and 35s. I think the tire load range is something to consider. I went from load range C to a E and she's much firmer/harsh. C load range was smooth. Going to Es is just different, not unbearable but different. I suspect with the Es I shouldn't get a puncture...:)

I can take the firmer tires. My main concern is the body roll in corners.

Bearjew1

I don't know. I've never run e rated tires. I'm looking at nitto trail grapplers or bfg mt.

warmer weather the tires should soften up but if you deal with colder climate the e rated will run a lil harder on the bounces.
sorry not a bfg kinda guy trail graps or toyo open country would be a better guess i would say

gleno99

warmer weather the tires should soften up but if you deal with colder climate the e rated will run a lil harder on the bounces

I'm close to dallas. It's warm most of the time. I have the bfg mt now and they seem fine. I had 2 sets of nitto Tera grapplers on an old truck. I really liked those. I just want an mt on the jk.

Last edited:

Bearjew1

I'm close to dallas. It's warm most of the time. I have the bfg mt now and they seem fine. I had 2 sets of nitto Tera grapplers on an old truck. I really liked those. I just want an mt on the jk.

then it's simple fix go with the tera graps

BadApple

i ran E rated 35" ProComp ATs. The ride is alright if you like the ride of a D9 Dozer all the time. I live in arizona and they never softened up, no flex unless 2-5 psi and wandered alot at highway/freeway speeds. They are meant for HD diesel trucks and meant for heavy weight. Dont waste your money on them i cut and punctured more with the Es than i have with any other tire.

aemery

I would like to see that when you get it done. Or give me a yell and I will try to help out. I have been leaning toward a Rock Krawler 2.5 but haven't decided yet.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I'm finally about to order a lift. I just wanted someone who has experience to chime in! I'm looking at the evo enforcer 3" with draglink flip and bilstein 5100. Also, I'll be running 35's. What I would like to know is! How does it compare to the ride of a stock jkur? Stiffer? Softer? About the same? I tend to drive kind of fast. So will it have a lot more body roll? Will it bottom out a lot over dips? I have a front rugged ridge stubby bumper and winch. It's not very heavy though. I'll use the rear stock tire carrier for a while. Will it be 3" or a little higher? I don't do anything offroad my jeep can't handle now, but hopefully that will change. I don't want to buy a lift just to change it again later. I've never heard anything bad about the enforcer kit, hence the reason I'm looking at it. Thanks in advance!

I drive fast too. Usually 80 (65 officer ;)) and with this kit I literally have 2 fingers on the steering wheel. I think you'll be very happy. :yup:

gleno99

I would like to see that when you get it done. Or give me a yell and I will try to help out. I have been leaning toward a Rock Krawler 2.5 but haven't decided yet.

I should order Monday. Hopefully install within a few weeks.

gleno99

I drive fast too. Usually 80 (65 officer ;)) and with this kit I literally have 2 fingers on the steering wheel. I think you'll be very happy. :yup:

That's good to here. I can't wait to order and get the lift installed. I just wanted to ask just before pulling the trigger.

gleno99

i ran E rated 35" ProComp ATs. The ride is alright if you like the ride of a D9 Dozer all the time. I live in arizona and they never softened up, no flex unless 2-5 psi and wandered alot at highway/freeway speeds. They are meant for HD diesel trucks and meant for heavy weight. Dont waste your money on them i cut and punctured more with the Es than i have with any other tire.

Thanks for the info.

BadApple

Thanks for the info.

Dont get me wrong they lasted for along.... LONG time. It all depends on what you use them for how much they are on the street and how much they are on the trail. For the street if you could get the pressure right they arent to bad but off road they are horrible and you have to air down so far its unsafe without bead locks.

I have basically the Enforcer Lite version, 3 in EVO Plush Ride Coils, Rock Krawler front LCA's, Rancho RS9000 XL and Crown Performance extended brake lines. I love the way it drives. I do not drive fast because I am old and drive a Jeep but going over speed bumps are really nice no bottoming out. The ride is comparable very soft on and offroad.

You are going like the way it drives.

R/
Will

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

Top Bottom