4in and drive shafts?

rajuncajun

I recently bought a zone 4in for my 2012 jku and I was gunna put it on myself. After further researching, I found that I need a front drive shaft. Still haven't installed the lift. I have a few other lifts in mind (rubicon express, evo, and rancho). I don't do too much off-road, just a few crawfish ponds so far to satisfy my needs with a 2.5 spacer with 35s. It's mostly a DD. Any advice? Don't wanna break the bank too much.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
If you flex it out you will need a new front ASAP but if it's just a dd then you will be fine without it. After a while tho they will give out and you will need to replace them.

Sent from my iPhone

rajuncajun

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I recently bought a zone 4in for my 2012 jku and I was gunna put it on myself. After further researching, I found that I need a front drive shaft. Still haven't installed the lift. I have a few other lifts in mind (rubicon express, evo, and rancho). I don't do too much off-road, just a few crawfish ponds so far to satisfy my needs with a 2.5 spacer with 35s. It's mostly a DD. Any advice? Don't wanna break the bank too much.

With a 2012+, you'll at least need the exhaust spacers to keep the driveshaft slip-boot from rubbing the exhaust crossover pipe, if going with more than 2.5" of lift and planning on doing any flexing

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Already did that. I bought the cat back afe system that moved the pipe out the way.

GEAUX CAJUNS!

Then you won't have to worry about the driveshaft for a while if you're keeping it on the highway for the most part. I've got 30,000 miles on my stock front shaft, it's just now starting to leak grease. A new front shaft will have to be my next mod for sure.

suicideking

If you want 37's eventually, definitely do the 4" so you don't have to change it out later. If you're not wheeling it hard, you'll probably be ok with a 1310 DS. If you do any hard wheeling, better to start with a 1350 so you don't have to replace that later as well.

If you're not going to keep the lift you already bought, I'd go with an Evo 4". Of the ones you listed, Rancho would be my 2nd choice. Also checkout Rock Krawler. I'd stay away from RE.

Last edited:
Top Bottom