Dash electronics hiccup

The past few days it seems whenever I come to a full stop when driving (like at a red light), my dash will start flickering and as soon as I accelerate to over 5mph or so it will ding, all needles will fly to the end and return to normal, and a bunch of lights will show including sway bar, abs, and lockers. Now this only lasts about a second or two. Anybody have any idea of this is a real problem, or what's going on? It doesn't happen every time, but I can't go more than once without it happening.

Sent via the Internet in the palm of my hand

jeeeep

Hooked
The past few days it seems whenever I come to a full stop when driving (like at a red light), my dash will start flickering and as soon as I accelerate to over 5mph or so it will ding, all needles will fly to the end and return to normal, and a bunch of lights will show including sway bar, abs, and lockers. Now this only lasts about a second or two. Anybody have any idea of this is a real problem, or what's going on? It doesn't happen every time, but I can't go more than once without it happening.

Sent via the Internet in the palm of my hand

did you install any new electrical accessories? check your grounds, as well as battery ground - make sure nothing it loose or corroded

jims68

Have you wiggled the key to see if it happens? Seen others with this problem. Wiring issues like rubbing and bad ground or battery connections also.

Might be a bad ground, I recently broke one of the bolts down in the foot well where I had my cb grounded and had to makeshift relocate it. Do you think I could double up on the one bolt that's still there?

jeeeep

Hooked
I'd remove the broken bolt and get a new bolt in there. if you grounded to another point, you need to make sure all paint is removed to get a good ground.

you could double up on the existing bolt but I would still get the broken bolt taken care of, get an ez out bit to remove it.

Top Bottom