CB Questions

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I'm running a Cobra 29 nightwatch with a 4 foot Firestik antenna, 18 foot coax, uniden Bearcat external speaker and a PA under the hood. I mounted my CB to my footman loop with some brackets from the hardware store. Like my setup so far. Here's a photo of the CB and my mounting location.

image-1267115865.jpg

image-2367317353.jpg

I'm running a Cobra 29 LX with a 3-Foot Firestik Antenna, Spring and Quick Disconnect. The antenna is mounted to the rear tailgate using the Teraflex mount. I've got the CB mounted to the top of the dash, just like the write-up on Project-JK. Followed it step by step and have had nothing but compliments. The performance of this radio is great. I highly recommend having the radio tuned.

image-390884336.jpg

image-97092623.jpg

Last edited:

ichthus

Also a Cobra 29. Mounted to footman loop with a bracket I paid too much for... Pretty much looks just like the first pics.

Not expecting to be able to do same with the newer style hard-top that requires use of that loop. The dash mount won't work with the new interior either. Haven't decided what to do with my wife's 2013, but might end up trying a Cobra 75. Really don't like the feel of those things compared to a normal mic though

Trail_Creeper

http://www.cooltechllc.com/jeep/jk_CB_AllinOne_kit.shtml

I went with this kit. There are probably more advanced options, but this one has worked for my needs so far.

I ran the same one in my TJ. I've been looking at it again for my JK. Sweet, simple, compact, and works to talk on the trails.

MTG where did you mount yours? I've been thinking about mounting the point close to the center console, on the passenger side, below the glove box. Just so i can easily disconnect the mic/handset and place it in the center console to keep it out of the way when not in use.

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
MTG is running the Cobra 75. His remote box is located behind the glove box and the remote box pigtail (that the handheld mic connects to) is just hanging down from behind the glove box. The user end of his mic hooks on a mic bracket (from cooltech) that connects to the left side of the glove box grab handle.

Serg5000

Here is where I put my Cobra 29 LX.

Attachments

• image-32336590.jpg
    image-32336590.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 107
  • image-2265892104.jpg
    image-2265892104.jpg
    328.2 KB · Views: 106
Top Bottom