Factory softop or trektop?

cssnider1

I've got a hard top now. Should I buy a factory softop and run a spider shade or go with the trektop nx?

Which setup do you guys like better?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I want a trek top nx. Gonna get one some day, and both are made by bestop. I just want the nx for the bikini top feature

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Yes it does! But it's on hold because the prices jumped up a lot unless I can find a used one.

No doubt. If I would've thought about the NX when I bought my JKU, I would've skipped the Dual Top Group and went with a hard top only and spent the savings on an NX. But you live and learn.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
I've got a hard top now. Should I buy a factory softop and run a spider shade or go with the trektop nx?

Which setup do you guys like better?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

My buddies like their Trecktop NX because of the ability to just zip out the windows and have it like a safari top. Otherwise you have to fold back the factory top and get a spiderweb shade.

You should talk to Wes in the Tyler group at the next meet up. That is the top he runs.

WAYALIFE APP 

Last edited:

09blackruby

I have a factory soft top and a Spiderweb shade. The Spiderweb shade is a cool product and I like it. The factory soft top works great but, I don't care for the bulky frame that you have to deal with when your top is down. I've heard the Trektop NX's quality is as good as a factory soft top so, if I was to do it again I think I would go for just the Trektop. Plus, it does look cooler.. My thoughts...

Clark Griswold

I just sold my factory soft top and bought a trek top NX, the trek top is way better IMO because of the bikini top plus the front folds back as well. And it looks awesome.

flotto

I first went with a factory and then switched to the trektop, love the bikini option!

Sent from my Surface Pro 2 using Tapatalk

JKFlyer

Yes it does! But it's on hold because the prices jumped up a lot unless I can find a used one.

Prices just same they only doubled on new twill fabric model. Can still get original for 5-6ish

Don't forget that the NX looks killer with it all closed up too!!!

I have it and love fastback look. Rarely take off back windows BC it inky uncovers trunk in my 4 door...love flipping the top back

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ldogg

I run an Trektop NX and a spider web shade. That gives me the flexibility to run the safari top portion and keep the windows in my bestop storage duffle bags in case rain moves in. When I know it's fine I peal off the safari top and have the SWS.

You sacrifice storage on the two door but it looks fantastic.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1401852330.825928.jpg

Twiztid11

I was looking into the trektop nx as well but I see some that are $500 range and then some in the $1,000 range. What the heck is the difference?

2014 JKU, manual, stock....for now.
Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I was looking into the trektop nx as well but I see some that are $500 range and then some in the $1,000 range. What the heck is the difference?

Amazon and quadratec had them for under 600, the prices jumped up for summer I guess, the cheapest place to get one right now is Northridge for 650 bucks. Plus your 5% discount

Twiztid11

What's the difference between the supertop nx and the trektop nx? I would think the trektop would be more expensive since it has 3 tops in one but it's almost $500 cheaper?

The price difference is the fabric choice. The newer fabric is going to be more expensive. Also you will need to be sure to order the door surrounds as well.

I was looking at getting a factory soft top until I saw the price. It was cheaper to go with the Trektop NX. I love mine and doubt the hardtop will ever go back on.

R/
Will

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

Twiztid11

The price difference is the fabric choice. The newer fabric is going to be more expensive. Also you will need to be sure to order the door surrounds as well.

I was looking at getting a factory soft top until I saw the price. It was cheaper to go with the Trektop NX. I love mine and doubt the hardtop will ever go back on.

R/
Will

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

I already have the factory soft top with the sun rider option which has door surrounds. Does the trektop have door surrounds too or would that be an optional package?

Ldogg

The black diamond fabric which is the original on is the cheaper one. Should be about $600. The twill fabric one is about $1000. The twill is thicker and more high end looking. It's like something you see on a high end sports car. It's also more finished on the inside and provides better sound deadening or so they say. I have the black diamond one and it's what most of them you will see around are. I have only seen a couple twill regular tops and no trek top NX twill tops.

Ldogg

I already have the factory soft top with the sun rider option which has door surrounds. Does the trektop have door surrounds too or would that be an optional package?

The $600 package comes with door surrounds, their top tension bar, tailgate bar and tailgate brackets. It also has two brackets for the springs for the tension. You will need to cut a slit in the roll bar cover when you install them. You can buy just the replace a top Trektop NX and it does not include any thing else but the fabric but I think you may need other pieces of hardware. Your best bet is to call bestop and ask them which one you need. The replace a top Trektop NX is cheaper. The other option would be to sell your existing surrounds.

Top Bottom