Prorock or Trail60

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
So I've searched and read a few posts in here between the two. I'm going to get a Prorock44 front and found a guy to sell my stock Rubicon axles to as a set so figured I'd upgrade my rear too. In Michigan i could probably survive with my factory d44 but by time i regear and upgrade axles I'm half way to a rear 60 so why not.

My question is besides the ground clearance of the housing what's the difference. Both are available in stock width, 5x5, and semi float which I'm going to keep. Both have same tube diameter/thickness according to Dynatrac site. Same axle size and on and on. Then you can also get the trail 60 with the prorock housing. Is the real benefit to the prorock the ability to get a full float, 8 lug and extra width? I'm planning to just get the trail 60 but want to make sure I'm not missing something.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

HDGasser

You answered your own question. Pro rock housing has better ground clearance.

Give them a call, they will build you anything you want with any width, brackets, bolt pattern, axles, etc.

The trail 60 is more a budget type deal

Tcdawg

13_gecko_rubi said:
So I've searched and read a few posts in here between the two. I'm going to get a Prorock44 front and found a guy to sell my stock Rubicon axles to as a set so figured I'd upgrade my rear too. In Michigan i could probably survive with my factory d44 but by time i regear and upgrade axles I'm half way to a rear 60 so why not.

Not knocking your upgrade at all but do have a question.

A regear for the rear would be about $800, chromo axle shafts $500. What price are you getting on that trail 60 for this to be half the cost?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
from the looks of it, it looks like the PR60 has the clearanced housing but it is also more upgradable (options wise). you can get bigger brakes, choose your axle width, upgrade the semi float axles to compitition semi floats (stronger), etc

jeeeep

Hooked
from the looks of it, it looks like the PR60 has the clearanced housing but it is also more upgradable (options wise). you can get bigger brakes, choose your axle width, upgrade the semi float axles to compitition semi floats (stronger), etc

on your list..camber pro's?

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Not knocking your upgrade at all but do have a question.

A regear for the rear would be about $800, chromo axle shafts $500. What price are you getting on that trail 60 for this to be half the cost?

It's not quite half way there obviously... But getting close to half way there.

Anyway, I called Dynatrac today and got all the info. I pretty much had it right on. ProRock just has a lot more upgrade options.

Thanks to the person who gave me the advice to call!

Top Bottom