OBA and air locker

noroad

Ok so time is coming to get my air locker and im running over the idea of adding a tank some where in my 2012 2dr (maybe a 2gallon in the trunk), but my question is can you run an air locker off a 2 gallon tank?? I also have 37s so im hoping that the tank will help me on fill up time as well as run power tools on the trail!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
From my understanding yes you can to all the above. My buddy who does my welding lowers cars and puts air systems in all the time and he was trying to get me to install a 2 gallon for the same reason. Mainly for the air tools. If you think about it the little silver air tank you need from ARB would just get trashed for the big 2 gallon tabk

Sent from my iPhone

noroad

yaa i figured that may only problem is how is the pressure kept to the right psi if lockers need 90psi and the tank is 150psi?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
yaa i figured that may only problem is how is the pressure kept to the right psi if lockers need 90psi and the tank is 150psi?

i believe the selinoid has a shut off valve in it so once its at that 90 psi its good.

Top Bottom