What does your oil pressure run on your 2014 JK??

King Con

Just had my first oil change done at the dealership, and have a sort of uncomfortable feeling afterwards. I made sure to tell them that the oil filter changed from 2013 to 2014, and it seems they knew this information. I never looked up what the oil pressure was until after the oil change. I have a 2014 Jeep Rubicon X Unlimited that has the oil pressure readout in the vehicle information system. After the change and when I first start it up, it is reading around 95psi. This seems awful high, but maybe I am wrong. After running it for a while, it goes down to around 35 psi. I had the dealership put in Mobil 1 Synthetic. Hopefully this is normal.

Thanks,

King Con

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I checked this morning on my way to work after I read this post. In park, at idle with the Jeep warmed up (temp needle pointing straight up) I am at 31 PSI. Driving I am at 37-39 PSI. This is on a 2014. Hope that helps some. 35 seems about right.

Rharvey160

When I first fire mine up it does 80-95 until it warms up. After warming up it does around 35 at idle and 40-42 running down the road.

What does your transmission temp run? Mine is around 165 after 10 miles or so.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I checked again when I left from work yeasterday, mine was at 97 and dropped to 37 when warmed up, Id say your at normal operating PSI.

Top Bottom