Weird Vibration

DROBICON

Hey guys.. Recently I have noticed I have a strange vibration when I'm driving my 07 jku. The vibration is a mix between possibly something rubbing and the feeling when you drive on the white line with the groves in the road. (Hard to explain sorry lol) The vibration isn't in the steering so it couldn't be the tires not being balanced correct? I recently had them balanced since they have never been balanced. Any input is greatly appreciated!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Hey guys.. Recently I have noticed I have a strange vibration when I'm driving my 07 jku. The vibration is a mix between possibly something rubbing and the feeling when you drive on the white line with the groves in the road. (Hard to explain sorry lol) The vibration isn't in the steering so it couldn't be the tires not being balanced correct? I recently had them balanced since they have never been balanced. Any input is greatly appreciated!

Like death wobble or a shimmy?

MTG

Caught the Bug
I notice it more when I'm going about 40-55 mph. This just started happening yesterday.

I'd probably get them balanced again. I had mine balanced for the first time after 20K miles or so and developed a shimmy at certain speeds.

I'd also check the torque on all the suspension, maybe loosen it all give it a good shake on the ground and then tighten it back up.

Also look for cracks in the bracket welds. I also had problem when the weld on my trackbar axle bracket cracked.

Good luck!

I'm sure other will chime in as well.

DROBICON

I'd probably get them balanced again. I had mine balanced for the first time after 20K miles or so and developed a shimmy at certain speeds.

I'd also check the torque on all the suspension, maybe loosen it all give it a good shake on the ground and then tighten it back up.

Also look for cracks in the bracket welds. I also had problem when the weld on my trackbar axle bracket cracked.

Good luck!

I'm sure other will chime in as well.

Thanks for the info man! I appreciate it!!

TPSMan

If it is more prevalent under under acceleration or deceleration, I would check u-joints in the driveline(s)...

bevan7170

Yeah okay lol

No, really they do. That rotation is fine. Drop the steering stabilizer off, start your engine and have someone rock the steering about a quarter turn each direction. Climb under feel and look over every joint for abnormal play. Search death wobble on YouTube a video by planman. Go through his checklist a few times. You'll figure it out.

DROBICON

No, really they do. That rotation is fine. Drop the steering stabilizer off, start your engine and have someone rock the steering about a quarter turn each direction. Climb under feel and look over every joint for abnormal play. Search death wobble on YouTube a video by planman. Go through his checklist a few times. You'll figure it out.

Will do thanks!

DROBICON

Had the u-joints replaced in the front and problem still occurs.. Process of elimination. I rotated my tires and vibration is still there. Hmmmmm

do you feel it in the seat when driving?

check your front drive shaft. also check the front track bar mounts both frame and axle.

R/
Will

biggy

Could possibly be a unit bearing going bad. Jack one tire just off the ground and try to move the tire in and out with just your hands. If you get significant movement then your unit bearing is toast. Their should be virtually no movement. I've had two go and both times produced a vibe at certain speeds. It's worth a check and it's easy to do.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

DROBICON

Could possibly be a unit bearing going bad. Jack one tire just off the ground and try to move the tire in and out with just your hands. If you get significant movement then your unit bearing is toast. Their should be virtually no movement. I've had two go and both times produced a vibe at certain speeds. It's worth a check and it's easy to do.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'll check that out tomorrow. Thanks!

Top Bottom