Trackbar shift ??

Nightbat

Long story short

Sound today in front end. Look under and axle has shifted to passenger side , driver side coil is contacting metal a bit on the inside.

Adjustable trackbar is still tight and intact . Bolts are tight .

Axle seems to have shifted to passenger and forward a bit but all parts still seem good?

Any ideas??

Took off trackbar and shortened it tonight which makes it a bit better but it is at its shortest possible now.

I have teraflex 2.5 coil lift with track bar and front upper and lower control arms.

Thanks in advance for any input

Nightbat

StrizzyChris

You don't have much of a profile, so cant look for more info about your rig or suspension?

Are you in a 2 door? Do you have a raised track bar bracket? Do you have any pics of the axle and the rubbing? As many pics as possible would help.

A TF 2.5" COIL lift could net you as much as 4" in a 2 door and at that point it would really shift your axle to the drivers side. If it is a coil spacer lift, itll be exactly as advertised and you shouldn't require anything other than your stock track bar and and adjustable TB may not go short enough and be pushing your axle too far passenger.

I find it hard to believe/understand that it suddenly shifted though. My guess is this has been like this since you installed the lift and your just now noticing the issues. How long ago was the lift installed? Do you have a stock track bar any more? Any time you lift a Jeep, unless you have a raised track bar bracket or too long of and after market TB, the axle will shift to the drivers side NOT to Pass

Nightbat

You don't have much of a profile, so cant look for more info about your rig or suspension?

Are you in a 2 door? Do you have a raised track bar bracket? Do you have any pics of the axle and the rubbing? As many pics as possible would help.

A TF 2.5" COIL lift could net you as much as 4" in a 2 door and at that point it would really shift your axle to the drivers side. If it is a coil spacer lift, itll be exactly as advertised and you shouldn't require anything other than your stock track bar and and adjustable TB may not go short enough and be pushing your axle too far passenger.

I find it hard to believe/understand that it suddenly shifted though. My guess is this has been like this since you installed the lift and your just now noticing the issues. How long ago was the lift installed? Do you have a stock track bar any more? Any time you lift a Jeep, unless you have a raised track bar bracket or too long of and after market TB, the axle will shift to the drivers side NOT to Pass

Had the lift and tracjbar set up for 4 years or so with no issues

4 door

Nightbat

I don't understand how it could change without something disconnecting ?

turbineguy

Long story short

Sound today in front end. Look under and axle has shifted to passenger side , driver side coil is contacting metal a bit on the inside.

Adjustable trackbar is still tight and intact . Bolts are tight .

Axle seems to have shifted to passenger and forward a bit but all parts still seem good?

Any ideas??

Took off trackbar and shortened it tonight which makes it a bit better but it is at its shortest possible now.

I have teraflex 2.5 coil lift with track bar and front upper and lower control arms.

Thanks in advance for any input

Nightbat

Trackbar brackets?

Everything still connected. No brackets just adjustable track bar.

Check the mounting brackets. I was at the dealership the other talking to my buddy and he was telling me about having to change out an axle due to the front track bar mount being broken. He stated with the lift installed on the JKU it was causing the track bar mount on the axle to work back and forth causing what I know as oil canning, which is better explained, when you take a soda can and work it back and forth it weakens to the point where it cracks and breaks. Something to look at.

R/
Will

2013CGJKU

Check the mounting brackets. I was at the dealership the other talking to my buddy and he was telling me about having to change out an axle due to the front track bar mount being broken. He stated with the lift installed on the JKU it was causing the track bar mount on the axle to work back and forth causing what I know as oil canning, which is better explained, when you take a soda can and work it back and forth it weakens to the point where it cracks and breaks. Something to look at.

R/
Will

I was thinking something along these lines as well.

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

36Fan

Axle is moving to the passenger side AND forward? Sounds like coils are sagging from initial set up.

Nightbat

Added a winch this month?

But the coils are brand new

I was on a 2.5" spacer lift and changed to coils a few months back

Added a winch in the last 2 weeks

Nightbat

Height has not changed or has increased though??
Coils gave more than the spacers . Then the winch put it at or still above where it was originally

So assuming this is where it is Going to be now the fix is?? Longer coils go to 3"? Or shorter trackbar?

Last edited:

QRS

R/
Will
You mean something like this??

1402157095892.jpg

Top Bottom