14' Front Wheel Speed Sensor Issue

I've seen 2 and am aware of >2 other 14's that have had the front wheel speed sensors routed incorrectly from the factory and possibly cause faults when the axle wears through the cable.

The first was on my buddy Caveman's Jeep. I caught and fixed it before it was worn badly when I installed his EVO c-gussets and lift.

The second, I didn't catch, but was on another trail buddy's Jeep that I put EVO gussets on. (I'm getting popular for this in my local club. I think it has little to do with my personality but more but more to do with me having a decent shop and working for Monster Cuba Limas :D ) Two weeks after I put on gussets she got ESC faults and took it to the dealer. Luckily the techs liked my work and knew I didn't do anything that caused the failure and covered the replacements.

The third (could be actually more) was the tech telling her that this has been an issue of recent. Not clear on timing or QTY.

The 4th was in a parking lot. Now curious and with the 14s easy to spot with the clear markers, I crawled under one I parked next to. Sure enough there was the same issue. So I left a card telling them about it.

Anyway if you have a 14' I would check the front wheel speed sensor routing. I have no idea how many there could be (hopefully not many at all) But I've seen enough in the last month that I thought it was worth sharing.

Happy Jeeping!
Jay

JKrawl

I am having problems right now with my fresh build. Got a '14 jku with RJ60's F&R and the esp light is on as soon as I installed drivelines and drove the jeep a block. It won't even shift gears. Oh I also did the aev procal to adjust for tires and gears etc.. Are the front sensors really sensitive or? I only have 2000 miles on mine. Also did your axles rub through the esp wire?

The issue I was bringing attention to pertains to the factory axles and axle shafts. Interestingly, and something I left out was all of the ones I have seen are Rubicons. I have no idea if that is of importance though.

I don't think the cables are all that sensitive, but it is in harsh environment. Especially when the axle shaft joint is rubbing it. I haven't personally seen one rub through but Karla (the lady that took hers to the dealer) had the tech say they were on one side and the other was slightly damaged so they replaced and rerouted it as well.

I have a 13' and have had no issues and there is no rubbing.

Top Bottom