Superchips Crawl Tune. Anyone use it?

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
I have the superchips programmer for my jeep and usually just run the 87 octane tune. I was curious if anyone with a superchips has ever used the crawl tune ?

Krieger

I had a fuse issue a little while back and had to call Superchips. I asked the same question to the representative, he told me it wasn't a good idea to change the tune on the trail, in case something goes wrong. If you think about it you don't want to be messing around with the computer in the middle of nowhere.

David1tontj

I asked the same question to the representative, he told me it wasn't a good idea to change the tune on the trail, in case something goes wrong.

Then what's the point of having that tune option?? At least it sounds cool.

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Rebel JK

The instructions recomend changing the tune at "the trail head" rather than bfe in case of any issues. Ive used the crawl mode 4-5 times, tow mode, and all the various power settings without any issues since I got it last year.
I can really tell the difference in power delivery on the different settings and love mine.
The only issue I had was when I went in for smog check I forgot to reset to stock mode from level 4.

Top Bottom