Which RK lift is right for what i need?

MI jeepskate

I do some light wheeling and by light i mean not all the time. i like to rock krawl on drummond island, some trail riding and play in sand dunes, all while driving this thing 30 miles to work and back 5 times a week. im leaning towards the 2.5 series but am torn between the flex, max travel and x factor. any advice would be awesome. thanks guys

dglangan

I have the RK max travel 2.5" lift and love it. It's labeled as a 2.5" but it actually netted me closer to 3.5" on a 4 door. Mine is my daily driver, so I went with bilstein 5100s and the ride is awesome. Are you planning on bigger tires? I have 35s and they rub against the rear fenders when I flex, so I'd recommend flat fenders or some good bump stops. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1402201100.497181.jpg

MurderedJK

I have the RK max travel 2.5" lift and love it. It's labeled as a 2.5" but it actually netted me closer to 3.5" on a 4 door. Mine is my daily driver, so I went with bilstein 5100s and the ride is awesome. Are you planning on bigger tires? I have 35s and they rub against the rear fenders when I flex, so I'd recommend flat fenders or some good bump stops. View attachment 86882

Mine is sent up very much the same. I originally went with the 2.5 stock mod and I loved the ride quality. I later added the LCAs for added flex and its a whole new ball game. I am a big fan of RK and I love love my 2.5 system.

MI jeepskate

I've got 33's at the moment, with plans on going 35. I guess I'll pull the trigger on the max travel. Thanks guys.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Mine is sent up very much the same. I originally went with the 2.5 stock mod and I loved the ride quality. I later added the LCAs for added flex and its a whole new ball game. I am a big fan of RK and I love love my 2.5 system.

Control arms don't add flex.

trailless

Caught the Bug
OP, how much are you willing to spend?

Control arms don't add flex.

This. Well at least not enough to be noticeable or matter. I'll let someone more knowledgeable explain it though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Well they allow for more axle travel. That's what I meant to say.

Sent via my free government phone from my government subsidized home. Off to make another baby to bring home another 1K of welfare!

How so?

Shocks dictate amount of axle movement... arms just allow you to adjust the caster and pinion angle and if there equipped with flex joints they reduce the amount of torsional force and bind while suspension is twisting up but really at 2.5" with shocks for 2.5" or even 3" arms are not needed and give no added benefit for the amount of "flex" or travel the shocks will limit you too and also doubt your caster will be out from the factory 4.2 degree at that hight! more so just a bling factor to say hey look at my arms ;) haha

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
How so?

Shocks dictate amount of axle movement... arms just allow you to adjust the caster and pinion angle and if there equipped with flex joints they reduce the amount of torsional force and bind while suspension is twisting up but really at 2.5" with shocks for 2.5" or even 3" arms are not needed and give no added benefit for the amount of "flex" or travel the shocks will limit you too and also doubt your caster will be out from the factory 4.2 degree at that hight! more so just a bling factor to say hey look at my arms ;) haha

This^^^^ arms don't add flex. It all depends on your shock length for droop and bump stops for uptravel.

As for the caster I know my 2.5" lift was out of spec so I needed lower control arms to get it right. I had RK arms but they pushed y axle to far forward. Sold them and got the EVO arms. All is good now

Sent from my iPhone

yeah at 2.5" of lift your caster shouldnt even change maybe like 1/16" or 1/8" but man your splitting hairs its a jeep not a corvette

MurderedJK

This^^^^ arms don't add flex. It all depends on your shock length for droop and bump stops for uptravel.

As for the caster I know my 2.5" lift was out of spec so I needed lower control arms to get it right. I had RK arms but they pushed y axle to far forward. Sold them and got the EVO arms. All is good now

Sent from my iPhone

I have longer Bilstein shocks (for droop). Even with longer shocks, the stock lower CAs bind up at both ends (axle and frame) as they are a "fixed" joint. The RK lower CAs don't bind up like the stock CAs did at the axle as they have the flex joint. I have noticed better axle articulation and more travel due to the fact that the lower CAs don't bind up like the stockers.

Top Bottom