Trail 60 or prorock 60

So I blew my stock rear 44 last friday and im gonna order a dynatrac 60. Just want to no which one you would all get. I really cant afford a full float 60 so semi is what im gonna get. The prorock is only 1k more. What do you all think

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Heholua

So I blew my stock rear 44 last friday and im gonna order a dynatrac 60. Just want to no which one you would all get. I really cant afford a full float 60 so semi is what im gonna get. The prorock is only 1k more. What do you all think

When the time comes, I'm going with the ProRock semi float 68.5" width. This way you can upgrade to a full float down the road if you want.

Last edited:

jeeeep

Hooked
personally I'm going with the trail 60, only because I like and want to keep stock width. I also don't want to add spacers to get the front to match the rear width and mud flaps or something to cover the extended tires which means possible ticket.

hell I got pulled over in Wyoming for not having a front license plate - I'm from Texas! even though they don't enforce it in Texas so much, I had to pay the Wyo. ticket

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
When you say "blew my stock rear" what do you mean exactly? Broke axle shafts? Ring and pinion trashed? Cracked axle housing? Inquiring minds want to know....

When you say "blew my stock rear" what do you mean exactly? Broke axle shafts? Ring and pinion trashed? Cracked axle housing? Inquiring minds want to know....

Well its not blown totaly but the pumpkin twisted on the axle housing. Heres a pic. You can see the pumpkin is almost vertical

Attachments

• 1402287050914.jpg
    1402287050914.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 322
  • 1402287061842.jpg
    1402287061842.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 321
Im gonna straighten it back a weld it solid again but im upgrading to a 60

36Fan

Im gonna weld the tubes

I just got a 14 Rubicon and the plug welds on the tubes are horrible. I might just weld up the tubes and be done with it. Theres a thread or two in here with the exact same problem you just had.

I just got a 14 Rubicon and the plug welds on the tubes are horrible. I might just weld up the tubes and be done with it. Theres a thread or two in here with the exact same problem you just had.

Ive heard of the problem before 2. I would get it fixed before it happens to you.

WhiteDynamite

IMG_0037.jpg

I had the same issue with mine. Luckily I caught it before it got too bad. I'll be going with a PR60 semi in stock width as well. I already have ATX Slabs and don't want to buy new wheels.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Well its not blown totaly but the pumpkin twisted on the axle housing. Heres a pic. You can see the pumpkin is almost vertical

that sucks, seen alot of 12 and up doing this. also is your rear track bar on backwards?

Rancho

Caught the Bug
It's not easy/cheap.
You have to basically chop off the axle ends and weld on full float hubs and rebuild the axle.
I poked around at the cost and it wasn't feasible.

What do you have to do to turn a semi float into a full float?

Sithwindu

It's not easy/cheap.
You have to basically chop off the axle ends and weld on full float hubs and rebuild the axle.
I poked around at the cost and it wasn't feasible.

So it's basically easier and cheaper to just go full float out the door?

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Easier yes, there is obviously a bit more in the cost.
And I "think" going to an 80 is "only" about $800 or so more.
I went semi float for a couple of reasons, well one really, a buddy was upgrading to full float (before the 80 was around) and I got a white hot deal on it. :rock:

So it's basically easier and cheaper to just go full float out the door?

Sithwindu

Easier yes, there is obviously a bit more in the cost.
And I "think" going to an 80 is "only" about $800 or so more.
I went semi float for a couple of reasons, well one really, a buddy was upgrading to full float (before the 80 was around) and I got a white hot deal on it. :rock:

Nice deal! Yeah the small price difference between the 60 to 80 is MAYBE 800-1000? I would grab a 80 with such a small price difference. Thanks for the reply rancho!

Rancho

Caught the Bug
No worries at all. The added insurance of 60's/60's or 60/80 is really nice, even if it is spendy. Piece of mind is real nice.
We have run their axles on our buggies for years and run a 44 on our JK8.
One was in the King of the Hammers for 3 years or so and our East Coast buggy gets beat on almost weekly in the South. :beer:

Nice deal! Yeah the small price difference between the 60 to 80 is MAYBE 800-1000? I would grab a 80 with such a small price difference. Thanks for the reply rancho!

This is now the third failure like this I have seen (on the interwebs) I'm starting to wonder if this is a bigger issue than I originally thought... My plug (rosette) welds looked like crap too so I welded the tubes around/to the housing when I welded my EVO track-bar bracket on. I have no idea if it will help but it makes me feel better.

On another note, how is that MC track-bar and bracket working out for you? I had to ditch mine to correct a major roll-bump issue I was having out of the rear.

On topic: Sorry, I can't help you with your question. I don't have enough knowledge about the differences. Looks like Rancho had some good info though :thumb:

Top Bottom