Weird Issue -- Radio Won't Turn Off

jbaskin28

Since I installed the dual battery (following Eddie's write up, and using the wire diagram below), I've had a strange issue.

Dual Battery.jpg

Now, originally, with only the switch for the solenoid wired up, I had to reverse the battery cables (so Main was Aux and visa versa) in order to get the radio to actually shut off like it is supposed to. With it just as in the diagram above, it would just stay on.

Then I added my on-board air compressor, and the radio wouldn't shut off. So, back under the hood I went to hook the cables up correctly (as in the diagram above).

This past weekend I installed my 50" light bar. Hooked up the power and ground wires to the Aux battery, and low and behold, the radio won't turn off, AGAIN.

This time, though, now matter the configuration, the radio just will not turn off. I pulled the dash and unplugged the harness from the radio so it doesn't draw through the night.

It is an aftermarket radio, and prior to the dual battery install, i never had this issue.

Any help here would be hot.

Rottenbelly

I recently did some battery work and my 07 and it did the same thing.
I had the driver door open when I hooked up the battery and I guess it made it think it was still open after hooking it up.
I unhooked battery for a bit and hooked it back up with door closed and it works again.
Only thing I could think of.

jeeeep

Hooked
one thing I learned when I had my radio replaced, everything passes through the radio on startup, this info from audio install shop

Look for a reset switch on your radio and reset it after you get everything hooked up (be sure you have it hooked up like it should be)

Also make sure the PAC is wired properly

Top Bottom