lift kit

JKLandon

looking to put a good 2.5-3.5 in lift on my 2dr jk and i only have about 500-600 to spend. I dont know if anyone has purchased something in that range and really liked what they got. but if anyone has any knowledge to put me in the right direction id love it. i also dont really want to go the unlimited rubicon route unless its low mileage and free. but everyone seems to be charging for those parts now.

thanks for the help!

StrizzyChris

i did a daystar 2.75" combo lift(1" body and 1.75" coil spacer kit). It was fine but I hated the look of a body lift. I guess personal preference. Other than that it was cheap and easy and will fit 35's under it. Also it will not effect your ride since your maintaining factory coils and shocks.

ichthus

I think the base JSpec lift falls into that price range. Can easily be upgraded with their higher end products down the road, as funds allow.

Hmmmm, might not include shocks though, and some Bilstein 5100's will run you another $300. I'd look into it either way.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
looking to put a good 2.5-3.5 in lift on my 2dr jk and i only have about 500-600 to spend. I dont know if anyone has purchased something in that range and really liked what they got. but if anyone has any knowledge to put me in the right direction id love it. i also dont really want to go the unlimited rubicon route unless its low mileage and free. but everyone seems to be charging for those parts now.

thanks for the help!

you will not be able to lift your two door the right way on a 500-600 budget.

You need $500 just for a driveshaft

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
do u really need a drive-shaft for the early models jk for that small of a lift?

anything over 2.5" which is really a 3" lift anyways will cause the rear driveshaft to bind when your wheeling. If your not wheeling, it can last awhile.

However, You still want a lift that gives your front lower adjustable control arms and rear upper adjustable control arms. You can get away with trackbar brackets if you buy them from the same vendor (assuming they make the brackets for their coils)

JKLandon

I was looking at just getting the rough country shocks and coils upgrade gives 2in of lift and it's only 380$ but I would get 3in from it because of soft top and no tow package

Jeepin it

StrizzyChris said:
i did a daystar 2.75" combo lift(1" body and 1.75" coil spacer kit). It was fine but I hated the look of a body lift. I guess personal preference. Other than that it was cheap and easy and will fit 35's under it. Also it will not effect your ride since your maintaining factory coils and shocks.

I have just the 1.75 inch spacers in now going to fit 35s just need to chop the guards and they should fit.

Top Bottom