What would you do about rear drive shaft rub?

While doing some routine maintenance I noticed some marking on my gas tank skid (stock) that I'm pretty sure is from the drive shaft. My axle is currently perfectly centered with the stock track bar and EVO bracket. The marking is VERY slight but there none-the-less.

Would you...

1- Get an adjustable track bar to push the axle slightly to the driver's side?

2- Beat some clearance in the skid? ( I actually already tried this but the marking is right where there is some structure so I will have to remove the shaft an get my game face on with a BFH to do this.)

3- "Forget about it... You're just being anal again Jay!" :D

pvanweelden

Knowing that when you say your axle is centered now, that you have measured it 30 times, and down to the 1/64th :D, I would probably get the game face on ;)

guessing it has only rubbed a few times with flex, most people would probably live with that ;)

Knowing that when you say your axle is centered now, that you have measured it 30 times, and down to the 1/64th :D, I would probably get the game face on ;)

guessing it has only rubbed a few times with flex, most people would probably live with that ;)

I have measured it a ridiculous amount of times... damn OCD! :doh: It's actually about a 3/32" off (can't remember to what side now.) But without an adjustable bar there was nothing I could do about it anyway. To be honest, I was pretty happy with it until I found the rub.

You are correct. I recently installed the EVO Rock Star Skids and retested my up-travel. I was able to remove 1" of bump (now running 2"). On the RTI ramp it was close but in the real world (trail) it appears to hit.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Do you measure you axle with your jeep empty? Gas tank full, passenger weight? You can measure a empty jeep, once you load up it moves

Do you measure you axle with your jeep empty? Gas tank full, passenger weight? You can measure a empty jeep, once you load up it moves

I measured with ~1/2 tank of gas no passengers/gear. More weight should push the axle more driver and help my issue as the angled bar becomes more straight. :thinking: I think? :thinking:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I measured with ~1/2 tank of gas no passengers/gear. More weight should push the axle more driver and help my issue as the angled bar becomes more straight. :thinking: I think? :thinking:

yep more weight would push it more driver side

Top Bottom