Odd sound

Fragsrus

I don't remember when I first heard it, but when I shift into drive I hear what sounds like a zip tie being pulled tight combined with the sound rubber makes when something rubs against it. It only lasts a second or two and then goes away. It also makes a similar sound when shifting in reverse. Anyone have any idea what this could be?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

seanb123

How loud is? Can you just barely hear it only when you are listening for it or is really that present.

jeeeep

Hooked
I don't remember when I first heard it, but when I shift into drive I hear what sounds like a zip tie being pulled tight combined with the sound rubber makes when something rubs against it. It only lasts a second or two and then goes away. It also makes a similar sound when shifting in reverse. Anyone have any idea what this could be?

I remember a similar sound, your front DS still stock? if so check it, you may find the boot torn on the transfer case side.

also, when was the last time you have your transmission fluid changed?

Fragsrus

The sound is most noteable when the vehicle has been sitting for awhile, like over night or after work. After it's been driven, the sound is still there but barely noticeable.

The DS is stock. I'll have to take a closer look at the boot. And I have no idea about the tranny oil, I bought it used back in February.

Top Bottom