EVO Enforcer Questions

Jeeper714

I am about to pull the trigger on purchasing the EVO 3" Enforcer lift for 37s in combination with Rancho 9000xl shocks.

Question is - I have a 2014 JK rubicon and know there are additional purchases that need to be made in order to run this lift properly on a 2 door. Can anyone advise me of what's recommended to purchase in correlation with this lift?

Also - should I run 1310 or 1350 driveshafts?

Specs on my jeep: 2014 JK Rubicon Automatic - 3.73 gears (blah) - 315/70/17 Duratracs on stock rims.

Will be upgrading eventually to 37s when the Duratracs have been thoroughly used!

Appreciate any input! :thumb::rock::D

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I am about to pull the trigger on purchasing the EVO 3" Enforcer lift for 37s in combination with Rancho 9000xl shocks.

Question is - I have a 2014 JK rubicon and know there are additional purchases that need to be made in order to run this lift properly on a 2 door. Can anyone advise me of what's recommended to purchase in correlation with this lift?

Specs on my jeep: 2014 JK Rubicon Automatic - 3.73 gears (blah) - 315/70/17 Duratracs on stock rims.

Will be upgrading eventually to 37s when the Duratracs have been thoroughly used!

deff do 1350 for the driveshafts. also gears will need to be done at some point so you can get the power back. 5.13's will be perfect for what your looking to do. the lift is pretty complete as is. the only other thing missing is rear upper control arms. i would look at currie since they use johnny joints.

JAGS

Hooked

Curious why you're choosing 3" with the eventual 37" tires? I think you'd be happier with 4". If you decide to upgrade later, you'll also need longer shocks as the shocks for 3" won't be long enough. That mean more $$$.

I'm running the 4" with 37" Nitto Trails. 10frank9 was running the 3" but upgraded to 4" with his 37 KM2s as I believe he was bottoming out due to lack of travel. Maybe he will see this and chime in with his experience.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Curious why you're choosing 3" with the eventual 37" tires? I think you'd be happier with 4". If you decide to upgrade later, you'll also need longer shocks as the shocks for 3" won't be long enough. That mean more $$$.

I'm running the 4" with 37" Nitto Trails. 10frank9 was running the 3" but upgraded to 4" with his 37 KM2s as I believe he was bottoming out due to lack of travel. Maybe he will see this and chime in with his experience.

Good point JAGS! Do it once and do it right. :yup:

deff do 1350 for the driveshafts. also gears will need to be done at some point so you can get the power back. 5.13's will be perfect for what your looking to do. the lift is pretty complete as is. the only other thing missing is rear upper control arms. i would look at currie since they use johnny joints.

Agreed! Also, If you haven't done C-gussets I would and soon.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Good point JAGS! Do it once and do it right. :yup:

well he does have a 2 door so maybe thats why? maybe trying to do it like how hinrich is set up with his 2 door on the 3" and 37's

JAGS

Hooked
well he does have a 2 door so maybe thats why? maybe trying to do it like how hinrich is set up with his 2 door on the 3" and 37's

Ahhhh. Didn't see the note/mention of a 2dr. :icon_crazy: If this is the case, then 3" will work. Coz makes a good point on Hinrich's build. OP check out hinrich's build thread as he really has a great set up and the his jeep looks awesome. Might be good inspiration.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Ahhhh. Didn't see the note/mention of a 2dr. :icon_crazy: lol yea its all good. it wasnt mentioned in the post so i checked out their profile and the pics showed a 2 door so i think its safe to assume it is lol if not i totally agree that the 4" is better on a 4 door for 37's

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Ahhhh. Didn't see the note/mention of a 2dr. :icon_crazy: If this is the case, then 3" will work. Coz makes a good point on Hinrich's build. OP check out hinrich's build thread as he really has a great set up and the his jeep looks awesome. Might be good inspiration.

ditto! :blush:

Jeeper714

I did mention it in my first post that I have a 2 door and not a :icon_crazy: 4 door must have just been overlooked... Also not a HE... I am a owner of a vagina haha!

4" is too much on a 2 door imho for atleast my little legs to be able to jump in...

As for gears, they are on the list!

Gussets and sliders will be here on Friday from Northridge

And I do not have 4.10s because they are optional on all 2014s (including the rubicon)

Isnt 5.13s overkill on the 3.6... I was looking into 4.56 or 4.88s

Isnt 5.13s overkill on the 3.6... I was looking into 4.56 or 4.88s

Negative.... You will love the 5.13s

Edit to add....
4.88s and 37s are mathematically equal to 4.10s and 32s
But the 37s have more inertia and require more torque to accelerate. The additional gearing of 5.13s helps this.

Last edited:

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug

Isn't 5.13s overkill on the 3.6... I was looking into 4.56 or 4.88s

No I have 5.13s on my 2012 3.6 (running 37s) and they rock! I think the two primary gear sets used for 37s are 4.88 or 5.13. You get a little more power out of the 5.13s because you run slightly higher RPM. No more problems doing 80 down the highway in a high wind, and if you ever plan to tow anything you have a little more power.

4.88s will give you better gas mileage. I don't have experience with 4.88s but plenty of people I know that run them love them just the same.

Jeeper714

Already have spacers to run my current set up of not quite 35s!

Thanks for the info guys...

I'm used to a 2011 JK Sport and dealing with that beast in itself! Currently traded the sport in for the Rubicon since I am now in SOCAL and not the East Coast playing in mud!

Jeeper714

I dont know if this is correct.... but I remember something having to do with the stock exhaust y pipe (perhaps) on anything 2012 + needing to be swapped out once lifted... perhaps I am wrong on this however!

Top Bottom