Wheel Bearings

DROBICON

What are the best wheel bearings I can get for me JK at a reasonable price? or should I just stick with OEM?

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Timken's through RockAuto were a very reasonable deal for the front units.

I've bought a lot of stuff online, but my thoughts about picking them up from a parts store is that when you have an issue you can just swing in there and swap it out (no down time while they ship another one to you) :twocents:

jeeeep

Hooked
i ordered omix-ada for its 5 yr warranty, Timken 1 yr (from local parts 3yr) , Mopar 1 yr

Here's another factor I used, weight - I'm assuming if they are lighter they have less material on them somewhere, there were some from the local auto parts that were cheaper but also lighter than 10lbs...it may be my OCD overthinking it but figure the hub is pretty important in the scheme of things

Omix-ada 11.3 lbs; Mopar 12; Timkin 10.25

kept the old units as backup

Last edited:

JayKay

Caught the Bug
i ordered omix-ada for its 5 yr warranty, Timken 1 yr (from local parts 3yr) , Mopar 1 yr

Here's another factor I used, weight - I'm assuming if they are lighter they have less material on them somewhere, there were some from the local auto parts that were cheaper but also lighter than 10lbs...it may be my OCD overthinking it but figure the hub is pretty important in the scheme of things

Omix-ada 11.3 lbs; Mopar 12; Timkin 10.25

kept the old units as backup

I've used NAPA Premium bearings and O'reillys National Bearings without issues. From what I gather, the brand may be different, but they both use either SKF or Timken bearings in the unit.

Top Bottom